+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benji must play on Fri

Benji must play on Fri

Nothing against Deniz but I find it mental that Mellon is considering making changes such as slswapping the keepers again like against Thistle, for the most crucial games left which is Scottish Cup, starting to irritate me a lot that he seems to be putting this in the same bracket as say friendlies or league cup group games

Seriously if he doesn't get the importance of the Scottish Cup to Utd fans then someone needs to have a word soon before it's too late, you play your strongest every single game regardless of the opposition in the big cup

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Nothing against Deniz but I find it mental that Mellon is considering making changes such as slswapping the keepers again like against Thistle, for the most crucial games left which is Scottish Cup, starting to irritate me a lot that he seems to be putting this in the same bracket as say friendlies or league cup group games

Seriously if he doesn't get the importance of the Scottish Cup to Utd fans then someone needs to have a word soon before it's too late, you play your strongest every single game regardless of the opposition in the big cup
    Yip.....

BIG cup, big players please.

Now we are safe, i think we should be putting in as much effort as we can muster to get as far in this competition as is possible. But i do not see too much of an issue giving Deniz some game time as he may just be our no1 next season. There are other positions where tinkering should be 100% avoided!

The most important game we have left this season is Forfar in the Scottish,that is FACT.Anything less than the strongest 11 possible playing at Station park would be a dereliction of duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Now we are safe, i think we should be putting in as much effort as we can muster to get as far in this competition as is possible. But i do not see too much of an issue giving Deniz some game time as he may just be our no1 next season. There are other positions where tinkering should be 100% avoided!
    Give him game time in the league not the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Good point. I’m up for Deniz starting a few games now as undoubtedly he will be No1 next season as Benji will be (MUST be?) sold in the summer. But as you say, the cup supersedes the league now we are safe so let him play in the League. But maybe not until after Killie so we can get the Arabhater TW and his plastic cheats the phuck out of the league.

I’d be worried if Deniz was our no.1 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I’d be worried if Deniz was our no.1 next season.
    We will be bringing in another keeper for certain so its debatable that he will end up our NO1.There is no doubt about it that Benji has done as much as any striker to keep us up this season.
    If we were to lose him which is looking likely we are in serious trouble next season unless we bring in another top class replacement,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    We could even give them 45 each in the remaining league games.

I wondered when most supporters wanted Benji played while Deniz has been getting cup games - how they could square this circle.
    Interesting - so Benji gets named but gets a pain in his wrist in the warm up - so Deniz plays. Nice move only Richard Foster was a little confused. Not in on the plan? All's well that ends well. Hope Benji makes a full recovery. C'mon United!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)