+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pompey

Pompey

Wow! Big changes. So going for a 2-0 defeat!

Can't see us winning this one.

On,y just realised it’s a 6 o’clock kick off! Inexperienced looking Back 4 so I tend to agree with gazan, but 3-1.

Nah - 2-1 to the Alex ...
    What ntle not even on the bench - anyone know why (?)

Not the greatest performance, but at least the lads on display were all trying! Some great saves from Will and it’s always good to save a pen, however bad it is! Ports showed he’s still got what it takes and it’s just a pity that we didn’t have anyone experienced in playing off him to take advantage, although Dale, as usual, never gave up - its just not his position; I might inflame some disagreement by suggesting that Finney might have been decent there if fit (ducks).

Wood and Offord both showed they love defending, even if Wood is not the quickest and Luke can barely pass water, never mind the football. However, whilst the 4 youngsters were on the defence looked fairly solid so it was a real shame Rio had to go off - hope he’s fit and available for in form Wigan on Saturday. Daniels took time to settle down and he is susceptible to a winger with pace.

All in all, about what I expected after Saturday’s debacle, much better than I feared but not quite as good as I hoped for.... if that makes sense! My late father, a card carrying Pompey fan, would have been pleased with the point, I think, even if he used to bask in their post war glory years! Bit of a come down really.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Nah - 2-1 to the Alex ...
    What Wintle not even on the bench - anyone know why (?)
    Injury they said - though when he got it (seemed OK physically at the end of the Oxford shambles) who knows.

Yes - no one could complain about effort last night - even if some of them were knackered by the end! Maybe next season we shall see Daniels play centre half when he's properly fir after the hamstrings. I thought he'd been left at least once and Pompey were in, 2nd half, but somehow he stretched out a leg. I know not all our readers will think so but Tom Lowery made a real difference to Saturday even though we didn't create much.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Yes - no one could complain about effort last night - even if some of them were knackered by the end! Maybe next season we shall see Daniels play centre half when he's properly fir after the hamstrings. I thought he'd been left at least once and Pompey were in, 2nd half, but somehow he stretched out a leg. I know not all our readers will think so but Tom Lowery made a real difference to Saturday even though we didn't create much.
    You won’t get an argument from me about Tom, Shrop!

Tom Lowery was immense last night. Let's hope he can keep that up. He was involved in almost everything and regularly broke up their attacks in their own half.
    Having watched Artell's post-match comments, I can't see Adebisi playing against Wigan. Shame really as I would have gone for trying Daniels at CH and Offord in Wintle's place as I have suggested elsewhere (re: end of the season.)
    As for Finney playing off Porter/Mandron, that's another thing I've said before
    Legs were well gone at end of match.