+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Fullarton

Very shady behaviour to be cheering someone falling over.

I felt horribly embarrassed for him that evening, poor guy. As most people recognise all Trews fault not Fullartons. Never seen the Lane with as bad a toxic environment than during his tenure.

Shady? Disgusting, cringeworthy and embarrassing would be more apt. Not the first bloke learning/plying his trade at NCFC to be humiliated by the Meadow Lane crowd and then gone on to better things. I hope he is able to return one day and stick two fingers up.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Never seen the Lane with as bad a toxic environment than during his tenure.
    Wait till they let the fans back in at the end of this season and the beginning of next. If we start badly, you might just see a repeat of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Shady? Disgusting, cringeworthy and embarrassing would be more apt. Not the first bloke learning/plying his trade at NCFC to be humiliated by the Meadow Lane crowd and then gone on to better things. I hope he is able to return one day and stick two fingers up.
    Gone on to what better things? Walsall technical director? Fullarton was an arrogant lying tw*t and a sh*te football manager regardless of whatever the Trews did so he deserved every bit of stick he got. He turned the best attacking side we'd had since Munto into a team that had 1 shot per 3 games, wouldn't speak to any players under the age of 25 and tried to force a fan favourite out of the club for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Wait till they let the fans back in at the end of this season and the beginning of next. If we start badly, you might just see a repeat of it.
    I do wonder what the average gate would be if fans were still allowed in and how often we'd be dipping below 4k.
    Last season's average was a reasonably decent 5,210 with only two gates below 4,000.

Under Trew the lowest average was 4,877 with 6 gates below 4k. We'd probably be close to that post Munto low by now.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Very shady behaviour to be cheering someone falling over.
    In that case, I would suggest that the vast majority of Notts fans in Meadow Lane that day showed very, very shady behaviour. With hindsight, it was down to the sheer anger and frustration at the situation we were in rather than anything against Fullarton.

It's what football fans the length and breadth of the country always do, but a few oddballs see it as 'only on NCM', or 'only at NCFC'.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I do wonder what the average gate would be if fans were still allowed in and how often we'd be dipping below 4k.
    Last season's average was a reasonably decent 5,210 with only two gates below 4,000.

Under Trew the lowest average was 4,877 with 6 gates below 4k. We'd probably be close to that post Munto low by now.
    Which would by most accounts be considered good going in the National League compared to where we were then

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    and tried to force a fan favourite out of the club for no apparent reason.
    Ah, so the Sir Stanley love-in is still going strong! There was a very good reason - Aborah was a gutless show pony who contributed next to nothing. If you're still in doubt, look at his career after Nolan rightly binned him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In that case, I would suggest that the vast majority of Notts fans in Meadow Lane that day showed very, very shady behaviour. With hindsight, it was down to the sheer anger and frustration at the situation we were in rather than anything against Fullarton.

It's what football fans the length and breadth of the country always do, but a few oddballs see it as 'only on NCM', or 'only at NCFC'.
    Well it was a "no sun situation" after all so shady behaviour expected. You are usually so good at sporting obvious errors, typos, missing words. My mistake it depends who makes them lol

I understand why the fans reacted like that but you and others are right to feel guilty. Poor guy, must be the low point of his short managerial career.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

I think it's ironic that I'm seen as an oddball in this particular asylum.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast