+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Fullarton

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Well it was a "no sun situation" after all so shady behaviour expected. You are usually so good at sporting obvious errors, typos, missing words. My mistake it depends who makes them lol

I understand why the fans reacted like that but you and others are right to feel guilty. Poor guy, must be the low point of his short managerial career.
    Can't you just drop this petty squabbling? I wasn't there and I didn't think JF was right for the job. I wouldn't have booed him or taken silly banners, but I am pretty sure I would have laughed at him falling over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunks5 View Post
    Totally agree with you Elite Pie. Fullerton was simply the wrong appointment. He wasn’t given a chance to prove himself by us fans. He was in a no sun situation from the very start. I’m guilty as charged. I too felt bad after cheering his falling on his arse. I personally hope he is a success as Walsall’s technical director. A lot worse things have happened down the Lane since the days of Fullerton.
    I agree. The atmosphere down the Lane at that time was toxic. OK, he should never have been appointed but that wasn’t his fault. The supporters never gave him a chance. To be honest, I was ashamed to be a Notts supporter with the treatment he received during his stint.

Sadly, I hope I’m wrong, but we are starting to see our new boss getting similar treatment after just a few weeks in post!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Can't you just drop this petty squabbling? I wasn't there and I didn't think JF was right for the job. I wouldn't have booed him or taken silly banners, but I am pretty sure I would have laughed at him falling over.
    Sadly I don't think so, the best you can hope for its taken to PMs, but even that's now been rejected. But never give up hope m_m.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    I agree. The atmosphere down the Lane at that time was toxic. OK, he should never have been appointed but that wasn’t his fault. The supporters never gave him a chance. To be honest, I was ashamed to be a Notts supporter with the treatment he received during his stint.

Sadly, I hope I’m wrong, but we are starting to see our new boss getting similar treatment after just a few weeks in post!
    If you are right Stan and that is indeed the case then we as a fanbase don't deserve better. Maybe we are the "curse" that was mentioned by someone earlier.

Sadly I don't think so, the best you can hope for its taken to PMs, but even that's now been rejected. But never give up hope m_m.
    Not true. It could easily be taken to the specific thread the moderator set up, but that was rejected from day one.

The only person who rejected it was the person who was involved in more petty arguments than any other poster!

Work that one out for yourself.

If you want to see the one who started it again on this thread, I'll lend you a mirror.

Worked it out?

Well it was a "no sun situation" after all so shady behaviour expected. You are usually so good at sporting obvious errors, typos, missing words. My mistake it depends who makes them lol

I understand why the fans reacted like that but you and others are right to feel guilty. Poor guy, must be the low point of his short managerial career.
    Apologies for my typo. But JF was definitely in a ‘no win situation’, both on and off the pitch. It was a spur of the moment reaction to someone falling over. A ‘You’ve Been Framed’ moment if you like. I honestly wanted him to succeed in his role of Notts manager. Just as I do every Notts manager that takes charge of the team that I’ve supported for the last 40 years.

Apologies for my typo. But JF was definitely in a ‘no win situation’, both on and off the pitch. It was a spur of the moment reaction to someone falling over. A ‘You’ve Been Framed’ moment if you like. I honestly wanted him to succeed in his role of Notts manager. Just as I do every Notts manager that takes charge of the team that I’ve supported for the last 40 years.
    Similarly, I have wanted every single Notts manager to succeed ever since I became a supporter in 1970. There is no reason we would want them to fail, but we have every right to point it out if we think they will fail.

I reached that stage earlier than most with Ardley, but despite a very disappointing start I'm nowhere near it with Burchnall.

Apologies for my typo.
    No need for an apology, we all hit the wrong key occasionally.

The interesting thing is that laddo chose to criticise me for your typo rather than you!

You talk sense Elite. I don’t understand how some want Burchnall removed as manager after 6 or so games. He will need time to rebuild the squad of players that he has inherited and then even more time implement his plans. We simply do not have the framework currently in place to achieve promotion this season. So it’s down to IB to rectify that. If after a decent period of time and if performances do not start to improve then we all have a right, as fans, to voice our opinions and to air our grievances against IB.

I agree Ardley had to go. He had reached the point in of no return. He was publicly blaming his players. Even though he was probably correct in what he was saying, it doesn’t alter the fact that they were his players, the majority of them are his signings and they were following his instruction. The responsibility for every poor performance was his. He was taking the team backwards and it was evident that had no idea how to fix it.

Nope, I’m not sure a to why laddo decided to have a pop at you either.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast