+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Jamie Fullarton

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's true though isn't it? Surely with you rating him so lowly that says all you need to know about the first XI at the time.

He was often one of our best performers on show hence being a 'fans favourite'. That's how it usually works. The better performing players are often popular with supporters as he undoubtedly was.
    He was hugely overrated by the fans. A couple of the terms used to describe him on here were "the lower league Messi" and "the best midfielder outside the Championship". I think his subsequent career shows how good he really was!

Good we've established that he didn't apply himself, he was overrated, but popular and noticeably better than some of his teammates.

Good work, care closed.

Fullarton on the other hand was pretty much the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Good we've established that he didn't apply himself, he was overrated, but popular and noticeably better than some of his teammates.

Good work, care closed.

Fullarton on the other hand was pretty much the opposite.
    Not quite "care closed". Aborah didn't apply himself, was overrated, was popular, but wasn't noticeably better than some of his teammates.

He did a few fancy tricks when he had the ball, but it was like playing with 10 men when he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not quite "care closed". Aborah didn't apply himself, was overrated, was popular, but wasn't noticeably better than some of his teammates.

He did a few fancy tricks when he had the ball, but it was like playing with 10 men when he didn't.
    Come on..!
    As saddo says..care closed..!

Well back then, as you will remember, the majority of supporters in attendance at the Lane clearly thought he was noticeably better than his teammates.

Hence why he was so popular. I'm not saying Stanley was that good he was just better.

Fullarton did apply himself, was good with PowerPoint presentations, wasn't overrated, certainly wasn't popular and wasn't better than other Notts managers.

I think this must be the first ever mention of Jamie Fullarton on Notts County Mad..........

Smiify Pie called it at post 10 - "This could be Biblical."

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=37865904

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I think this must be the first ever mention of Jamie Fullarton on Notts County Mad..........

Some posters on there I've not seen for awhile. Reading back though it shows how inexperienced he was and how much Trew hated us ha ha. IB is more experienced reading that thread though compared to Fullers so I live in hope!

Post #13 is pretty spot on. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Post #13 is pretty spot on. Oops.
    Was just about to post the same. Oh dear oh dear!!!

Interesting, and in some parts amusing, reading.

There's quite a few posters on there who should be included on the 'Missing Posters' thread.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678