+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Fullarton

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Gone on to what better things? Walsall technical director? Fullarton was an arrogant lying tw*t and a sh*te football manager regardless of whatever the Trews did so he deserved every bit of stick he got. He turned the best attacking side we'd had since Munto into a team that had 1 shot per 3 games, wouldn't speak to any players under the age of 25 and tried to force a fan favourite out of the club for no apparent reason.
    Think your deluded , or just change the facts to suit what you believe

Fullarton turned the best attacking side we had since Munto, into a team with 1 shot in 3 games??

Absolute rubbish, Notts County were 21st in the table when Fullarton arrived, hardly a team with the best attack as you state ,and there were off the field issues, with Trew standing down and putting the club up for sale, and the chief executive also leaving his position
    Fullarton had to deal with worse circumstances than Ardley, yet over 12 games, actually did better than Ardley. Yet the witch hunt for Fullarton, and sticking with Ardley for 2 and a half seasons , MADNESS

Fullarton did win three of his first five games, problem was they were all away, whilst at home we didn't score a single goal until his last match in charge. Had it been the other way around, fans would likely have been more patient with him.

Sat 16/Jan/2016 crawley town W 1-0
    Sat 23/Jan/2016 WIMBLEDON L 0-2
    Sat 30/Jan/2016 luton town W 2-0
    Sat 13/Feb/2016 york city L 1-2
    Tue 16/Feb/2016 hartlepool united W 3-2
    Sat 20/Feb/2016 LEYTON ORIENT L 0-1
    Tue 23/Feb/2016 accrington stanley L 2-3
    Sat 27/Feb/2016 plymouth argyle L 0-1
    Tue 01/Mar/2016 DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE D 0-0 3
    Sat 05/Mar/2016 BRISTOL ROVERS L 0-2
    Sat 12/Mar/2016 yeovil town L 0-1
    Sat 19/Mar/2016 EXETER CITY L 1-4

Pld:12 W:3 D:1 L:8 F:10 A:18 GD:-8 pts:10
    Average PPG: 0.83
    Without a win in the last 7

HOME only
    Pld:5 W:0 D:1 L:4 F:1 A:9 GD:-8 pts:1
    Average home attendance: 4438
    Home PPG: 0.20

Away PPG: 1.29

[QUOTE=ForeignLegion;39754678]
    Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I had 2 major objections to Fullarton.

Firstly, the deadfull football style he introduced.
    Secondly, his interviews showed an arrogant and total disdain for the fans who were paying money to watch the appalling football he produced.

Bad luck Ivan, you tried your best to resurrect the thread but they couldn't help themselves, derailing it yet again with their playground squabbling.
    One does one's best!!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Fullarton did win three of his first five games, problem was they were all away, whilst at home we didn't score a single goal until his last match in charge. Had it been the other way around, fans would likely have been more patient with him.

Sat 16/Jan/2016 crawley town W 1-0
    Sat 23/Jan/2016 WIMBLEDON L 0-2
    Sat 30/Jan/2016 luton town W 2-0
    Sat 13/Feb/2016 york city L 1-2
    Tue 16/Feb/2016 hartlepool united W 3-2
    Sat 20/Feb/2016 LEYTON ORIENT L 0-1
    Tue 23/Feb/2016 accrington stanley L 2-3
    Sat 27/Feb/2016 plymouth argyle L 0-1
    Tue 01/Mar/2016 DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE D 0-0 3
    Sat 05/Mar/2016 BRISTOL ROVERS L 0-2
    Sat 12/Mar/2016 yeovil town L 0-1
    Sat 19/Mar/2016 EXETER CITY L 1-4

Pld:12 W:3 D:1 L:8 F:10 A:18 GD:-8 pts:10
    Average PPG: 0.83
    Without a win in the last 7

HOME only
    Pld:5 W:0 D:1 L:4 F:1 A:9 GD:-8 pts:1
    Average home attendance: 4438
    Home PPG: 0.20

Away PPG: 1.29
    Who could forget the classic Dagenham game.They were marooned at the bottom of the league many points adrift ,they come to meadow lane and play us off the park and were unlucky not to win.
    Yes that Fullerton was a football genius indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Shady? Disgusting, cringeworthy and embarrassing would be more apt. Not the first bloke learning/plying his trade at NCFC to be humiliated by the Meadow Lane crowd and then gone on to better things. I hope he is able to return one day and stick two fingers up.
    My thoughts exactly. It was shameful the way our fans treated him. It's not his fault he was given the job, and he had every right to apply for it. All that anger that should have been aimed at Trew was misdirected at him.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It was shameful the way our fans treated him. It's not his fault he was given the job, and he had every right to apply for it. All that anger that should have been aimed at Trew was misdirected at him.
    Totally agree, and I actually felt quite sorry for him and all the abuse he suffered even though I was not a fan of the appointment.

Nobody was a fan of the appointment, it was completely out of left field, a complete unknown and, in the situation we were in, insulting to the fans. Trew IMO basically stuck two fingers up at the supporters probably due to the grief they were giving.

The abuse behind the dugout got too much no matter how shockingly bad we were on the pitch when fans gathered directly behind the dugout near end of at least one of the games and gave the worst abuse I've ever heard at the Lane.

Those involved should be ashamed of how they behaved, he was a brave man to stand there and take whilst remaining seemingly composed and professional.

I echo Slack pie's thought only a fool would blame a manager for taking a job and not the chairman for offering it. The manager nearly always is the main target, rightly or wrongly. The anger was clearly misplaced.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Shady? Disgusting, cringeworthy and embarrassing would be more apt. Not the first bloke learning/plying his trade at NCFC to be humiliated by the Meadow Lane crowd and then gone on to better things. I hope he is able to return one day and stick two fingers up.
    Russell Slade another example and someone who clearly got the last laugh after he was sacked by Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It was shameful the way our fans treated him. It's not his fault he was given the job, and he had every right to apply for it.
    He was forced at gun point to take it on then? That RT guy is not one to be menaced with, or maybe Poundpie lured him on.

You know, some people are sensible enough to understand their limitations. He wasn't one of them. Sorry no sympathy from me.

Jamie Fullarton was the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time and there was probably nothing he could have done to salvage the situation that enveloped him. His appointment left most people (including me) absolutely incredulous, in fact disbelieving, and without doubt it also signalled that Ray Trew had completely lost his way.

Fullarton's only hope of survival might have been if he had possessed more personal charm and a bit of humility, which might have bought him more time with the fans, especially if his handling of the whole Stanley Aborah situation had been better. Sadly he was not equipped to do that and came over as arrogant and dismissive, whether he intended to do so or not. The only good thing you can say about his short tenure is that it didn't drag on for long.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast