+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The consortium look to Germany next

The consortium look to Germany next

An investment company would like to invest more in the German football market. Paul Conway, co-founder of the Hawaii-based Pacific Media Group, has reached out to a number of German clubs. According to Bloomberg, TSV München von 1860 GmbH & Co. KGaA was also in the focus of the investor group.

The most famous football consortium in the world is the City Football Group. Ismaik's friend and business partner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan pulls the strings there. These include Manchester City, New York City and Melbourne City FC. This year, the Noah Football Group attracted attention. With the multi-club ownership model, the Armenian club FC Noah Erewan and AC Siena have now also acquired shares in KFC Uerdingen. Another football empire should focus on the lions, or still be: the Pacific Media Group from Hawaii showed interest in the Munich team.

The focus should also be on TSV 1860 Munich

The German professional leagues are strategically interesting for the businessman Paul Conway and his Pacific Media Group. According to Bloomberg, the focus should be on clubs such as SC Paderborn 07, VfL Bochum or Eintracht Frankfurt. And TSV 1860 Munich is also said to have been in the focus of the investor group. In 2020 one should have tried to get a majority stake. Negotiations with Ismaik remained fruitless last year, however. TSV München von 1860 GmbH & Co. KGaA did not want to comment. According to Bloomberg, the management of the Löwen refers to shareholder and lender Hasan Ismaik. That in turn remains inaccessible for the New York media company Bloomberg.

Pacific Media Group buys and resells clubs if they make a profit. For example the OGC Nice. In 2016, the investment company bought the French first division club. For 23 million euros. In 2019, the French club was then resold for 100 million euros. To one of Britain's richest men, Sir Jim Ratcliffe. The Belgian club KV Oostende and the Swiss club FC Thun Berner Oberland also have multi-club ownership. The majority stake in the British Barnsley FC went to the Pacific Media Group as early as 2017.

The Pacific Media Group

In addition to Conway, Chien Lee is also part of the Pacific Media Group. The multi-billionaire is a co-founder of the Chinese budget hotel chain "7 Days Inn". Chip Seelig is also probably involved. With “The Seelig Group” he financed hit movies like Independence Day, Wolverine, Der Marsiander and Avatar. As part of the international investor consortium, baseball legend Billy Beane and Indian investor Neerav Parekh are also buying into the clubs. The Pacific Media Group always has an extensive player database with its investments in football clubs.

The advantages of such football investment groups are obvious, explains Conway in a podcast. The global business model is becoming more and more established. You can play the same style of play among the teams in all clubs. They are also very flexible when it comes to recruiting players. Because the clubs in a consortium could loan the players to each other.

Disneyfication of football

In the end it will no longer be Club A versus Club B, but Manchester City Group versus Noah Group or Pacific Media Group. One speaks of a so-called Disneyfication. It's no longer primarily about football, but about entertainment. Football as a franchise in which the audience is met with a certain amount of expectation. What 20th Century Fox, Universal Pictures, Columbia Pictures or Warner Bros. are in the film business, the big investment groups of Sheikh Mansour and Co. are in football.

Conway, get thi brass paid fo buying Barnsley FC first instead of evvin to be tekken to a Money Claims Court for not paying agreed instalments.

"No longer primarily about football, but about entertainment". Hoofball is entertainment ??? Bugger me, tha learns summat ivvery day.

It's all going to end in tears is this multi club ownership malarkey .

Football is like no other business and these consortium's have no emotional attachment to any of the clubs they own .

It's just a portfolio of businesses just like a chain of hotels or restaurants .

However as I say football is nothing like the normal world of business .

The real test is yet to come and that is when these clubs start losing money .

The normal route with dog businesses with people such as these is to dump em and high tail out of there .

The administrator and the fans are left with the consequences .

Get to the Premier League, take a cut of the massive riches that would be showered on the club and then that would also be the time for them to sell as the club would have reached its peak.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Get to the Premier League, take a cut of the massive riches that would be showered on the club and then that would also be the time for them to sell as the club would have reached its peak.
    Well you'd imagine that would be in their thinking .

Bought us at the bottom end of the market and sell us at our optimum value realistically whatever that would be .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Conway, get thi brass paid fo buying Barnsley FC first instead of evvin to be tekken to a Money Claims Court for not paying agreed instalments.

"No longer primarily about football, but about entertainment". Hoofball is entertainment ??? Bugger me, tha learns summat ivvery day.

If tha'd actually seen the games then thi opinion of our style of football might be credible.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    If tha'd actually seen the games then thi opinion of our style of football might be credible.
    I don't need to see King Herod working in a childcare facility to know summats not reyt darn theear.

Tell me hoofball is beautiful Pass whilst keeping a straight face.

I don't need to see King Herod working in a childcare facility to know summats not reyt darn theear.

‘Vertical Football’ can be really exciting to watch - IF - passes forward hit the target.
    Against Middlesbrough many of the passes went astray.
    And when that happens its incredibly frustrating to watch.

We have defenders that have been brought into the club because they posses certain attributes.
    One of those attributes is their ability to bring the ball out of defence and be able to accurately pass the ball.
    Sometimes they fail to do this and it’s got to improve.

One of the things I can’t understand is that it’s been obviously drilled into the defenders to kick the ball into touch - when often it’s nearly as easy to hook the ball up field and land it in a space beyond the centre circle - giving our strikers something to run onto.
    Why they choose to kick it into touch, I’m still trying to work that one out.

But regarding Vertical Football - I would rather watch that type of football than the tippy tappy, sideways crab movement, watching paint dry, playing out from the back, type of tactics employed by teams such as Man City - no matter how much success they have had.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 13-04-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    As I said a month ago.

Al just stick wi what I said in my previous post SB thanks. Thuz nowt really to add.