+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: QPR Post Match Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Always be the way till the end of time. I get it when it's televised games more but when we get to pick our own shortlist we should definitely try and include the unsung heroes more, really give them the acknowledgement and pat on the back also. As gripes go however, it is a minor one haha.
    Very true. Ben Pringle won it loads because his hair stood out.

But they can give it to whoever they want when we win.

I've watched about 12 games on ifollow in the last year and must say I haven't enjoyed many at all.
    It's like watching a training session most of the time, but last night was different, obviously helped by a great performance, but credit also to Brecks and friends, they made it feel like a proper game, will probably tune in again on Thursday.

Wes has been a diamond for us and he has adapted to more than one position throughout the season.I think he does prefer the right back slot and I'm sure next season Warney will play him there.

Got to be player of the season either him or the Viking but unfortunately he hasn’t played all season and if he had we’d arguably be a few points better off rather than having stuck with Blackman first half of season

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Got to be player of the season either him or the Viking but unfortunately he hasn’t played all season and if he had we’d arguably be a few points better off rather than having stuck with Blackman first half of season
    Blackmañ has improved beyond anything he was since he came here, which to me is strange considering the amount of league experience he has had so I expected better from him from the off.
    Victor has been a revelation in goal from the off, not just his shot stopping, but his awareness of a slightly overhit through ball either over the top or through the gap, and he's there to either kick it or even head it clear, and I totally agree that we would have been a few points better off had the Viking been in goal earlier UTM

Blackman should stick to selling bikinis to fat lasses.

What an incredible, amazing season this is turning out to be. Beating teams we normally lose heavily to, a first double over the Owls ever, and still in with a good chance of staying up.
    In the space of eight days, PW has re-found the plot, re-won the dressing room and found his tactical awareness.
    A nice point about last night. My first game as a Millers fan was a 0-6 defeat at QPR, with a certain Dave Watson debut. An eight goal turn round in 54 years. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    ," re-won the dressing room"
    Really? When did he lose it?

Warney got lucky that we were playing a fair weather side like QPR. Up to bringing Lindsay Wing Smith on it wasn't working with S McDonald & Wiles in midfield. Wiles isn't a central midfielder he's more an attacking midfielder but without taking chances like at Huddersfield he's not going to play there. Crooks & Sadlier are ahead of him in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Warney got lucky that we were playing a fair weather side like QPR. Up to bringing Lindsay Wing Smith on it wasn't working with S McDonald & Wiles in midfield. Wiles isn't a central midfielder he's more an attacking midfielder but without taking chances like at Huddersfield he's not going to play there. Crooks & Sadlier are ahead of him in that role.
    Have we ever won a game under Warne where he didn't get lucky because the opposition was crap? You just can't ever bring yourself to give any credit can you?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678