+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: QPR Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Proper unsung hero is Wes Harding, it's a shame because he has been our stand out player all season but not many seem to see how good he is at what he does for the team. I have given him credit a few times only to be told that he is crap! You have to laugh at some of the things posted on here at times. He will be getting my vote for player of the year thats a cert.
    Absolutely. We all get carried away with huge moments, big goals etc, understandably, but in terms of consistency over the course of the entire season Wes cannot be bettered for me. 7 or 8 week in, week out, that's a player of the season. I can't think of anyone else who has played so many games with greater consistency.

Got to be player of the season either him or the Viking but unfortunately he hasn’t played all season and if he had we’d arguably be a few points better off rather than having stuck with Blackman first half of season

Proper unsung hero is Wes Harding, it's a shame because he has been our stand out player all season but not many seem to see how good he is at what he does for the team. I have given him credit a few times only to be told that he is crap! You have to laugh at some of the things posted on here at times. He will be getting my vote for player of the year thats a cert.
    I've seen a few on here concerned that he's been played out pf position at LB but TBH BigLad I read most posts on here and I can't ever remember anyone saying he was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Got to be player of the season either him or the Viking but unfortunately he hasn’t played all season and if he had we’d arguably be a few points better off rather than having stuck with Blackman first half of season
    Blackmañ has improved beyond anything he was since he came here, which to me is strange considering the amount of league experience he has had so I expected better from him from the off.
    Victor has been a revelation in goal from the off, not just his shot stopping, but his awareness of a slightly overhit through ball either over the top or through the gap, and he's there to either kick it or even head it clear, and I totally agree that we would have been a few points better off had the Viking been in goal earlier UTM

Blackman should stick to selling bikinis to fat lasses.

What an incredible, amazing season this is turning out to be. Beating teams we normally lose heavily to, a first double over the Owls ever, and still in with a good chance of staying up.
    In the space of eight days, PW has re-found the plot, re-won the dressing room and found his tactical awareness.
    A nice point about last night. My first game as a Millers fan was a 0-6 defeat at QPR, with a certain Dave Watson debut. An eight goal turn round in 54 years. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I've seen a few on here concerned that he's been played out pf position at LB but TBH BigLad I read most posts on here and I can't ever remember anyone saying he was crap.
    Crap may not have been the word used but the intent was there.

Crap may not have been the word used but the intent was there.
    No don’t think so

Most of the negative comments were to do with Paul Warne playing yet another player out of position, so if anything the intent was aimed more at PW than the player

Ditto with Wiles criticism and occasionally Crooks and Smith

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    ," re-won the dressing room"
    Really? When did he lose it?

Warney got lucky that we were playing a fair weather side like QPR. Up to bringing Lindsay Wing Smith on it wasn't working with S McDonald & Wiles in midfield. Wiles isn't a central midfielder he's more an attacking midfielder but without taking chances like at Huddersfield he's not going to play there. Crooks & Sadlier are ahead of him in that role.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast