+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: QPR Post Match Thoughts

Great last half hour! I'll own up...I wanted Freddie to be substituted after not doing much and then appearing to give up in the lead up to the QPR goal. Good job I'm not in charge.

Need an ice bath and a good rub down before Thursday now. (That's me, not the players)

Has anyone seen Mr Wendun?

Just about come back down to earth after that turn around. To be realistic, there was probably an element of them going a goal up and thinking they had the game sown up, and completely taking their eye off the ball.

But

Once we made the subs it was a brilliant, fluent and tenacious attacking performance with the team unit showing what it can do when it clicks as it has done too infrequently this season. Perhaps clicking at just the right time.

Crucially, if Coventry were watching tonight as I'm sure they would have been, then I'm sure their raised hopes at seeing us struggle and go behind would have been turned to quite deep worry at seeing such a comprehensive comeback performance. The psychological impact of that is crucial. It is so important that we keep solid at the start on Thursday and make sure we keep a good shape and above all don't let them get a break
    Just turn the screw slowly asks if we don't get the win, after tonight's result it wouldn't be a disaster. There will be other mid table teams to take advantage of with our games in hand.

Other crucial factors tonight. Firstly, breaking the growing home game hoodoo which was becoming a real problem and secondly looking quite deadly when we got the chances in the 2nd half. After a few games without goals and all manner of doubts, these finishes are so, so ***** in lifting is into the final run in.

Huge win. Well done you merry Millers! Will sleep well tonight

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    He'll post when we next lose again....such is his fickleness.

He's probably got his head stuck up his arse so that he doesn't see the light!

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Passed out on special brew in his bedsit by this time surely?

we performed better at huddersfield and got a draw, or no luck depending how you look at it. fingers crossed for 4 points from the next 2 games. rooney will be bricking it if we get 6 points. kooooooomon

Just seen the highlights. Great interception by Giles that lead to the 3rd goal. Both tonight and against Sheffield Wednesday we were defending our area late in the game and bish-bash-bosh we break and 12s later the ball's in the opposition net. Not bad football from a team of 'cloggers'.

Listened to it int'waggon...went ballistic when Freddie got his 2nd..

The thing I love about our team now is that even when we go in front we are always looking to attack again, and exploit the other team who have to come at us, whereas at one time we always tried (usually unsuccessfully) to hold on to what we've got. Victor is a revelation in goal with not just his shot stopping, but his awareness of a ball played through, and in the end we got what we deserved so well done PW and the management team.
    However, a well rested Coventry team await us tomorrow, and we will need another monumental effort from our team again, although has the dynamics of that game now changed after last night's win? Had we lost or drawn yesterday against QPR, then the win against Coventry would have been a MUST, and I wanted to put all our eggs in one basket to try to achieve that, but maybe it's now Coventry who really need to win tomorrow and a draw ,whilst not ideal, would suit us better than them now?
    Really looking forward to the Coventry game now, but if we thought that was tense yesterday, then have the toilet roll ready for tomorrow UTM

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast