+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Storm

Rez1862

"I am confident he will be a success."

What is it that makes you confident he will be a success?

There is nothing in his past in Scandinavia that would make you think that way.

He had one season as Head Coach/Manager at Viking where he was sacked after about a year due to 'poor results and relegation'.

He had one season as Head Coach at Ostersund where he finished fourth from bottom, just above the relegation zone.

When you say bring in his own players, I hope he can but at Notts we now have a panel of people who basically choose the players that are a 'good fit' with the club. As with Griffiths, on loan from Crewe, IB didn't choose him by name, the panel put forward four or five possibilities and IB and MR chose what they considered to be the best from that limited list.

I hope it all works out well because we all want our club, Notts County, to be successful - but I can't yet see what the owners are seeing - but it's their money, so their shout.

Quote Originally Posted by pie_man View Post
    Rez1862

"I am confident he will be a success."

What is it that makes you confident he will be a success?

There is nothing in his past in Scandinavia that would make you think that way.

He had one season as Head Coach/Manager at Viking where he was sacked after about a year due to 'poor results and relegation'.

He had one season as Head Coach at Ostersund where he finished fourth from bottom, just above the relegation zone.

When you say bring in his own players, I hope he can but at Notts we now have a panel of people who basically choose the players that are a 'good fit' with the club. As with Griffiths, on loan from Crewe, IB didn't choose him by name, the panel put forward four or five possibilities and IB and MR chose what they considered to be the best from that limited list.

I hope it all works out well because we all want our club, Notts County, to be successful - but I can't yet see what the owners are seeing - but it's their money, so their shout.
    I think he had two seasons at Ostersund, finishing sixth in the first season.

You’re right about him not bringing in “his players” - for a start, that’s not how this system works. Richard Montague is head of recruitment and it’s his job to recommend them, based on Football Radar data. Also, I can’t imagine IB has much knowledge of UK players, which is who we can sign post-Brexit.

The timing of IB’s appointment always put him in a precarious position: fall out of the playoffs and he’ll automatically be seen as a failure, even if he is simply unable to correct a team that’s been in decline for months. We as fans need to give him the chance to fail this season, in the hope that everything starts slotting into place for next season.

They will have to do something when the gates drop below 2000, and the Booing gets louder with every game..

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I think he had two seasons at Ostersund, finishing sixth in the first season.

You’re right about him not bringing in “his players” - for a start, that’s not how this system works. Richard Montague is head of recruitment and it’s his job to recommend them, based on Football Radar data. Also, I can’t imagine IB has much knowledge of UK players, which is who we can sign post-Brexit.

The timing of IB’s appointment always put him in a precarious position: fall out of the playoffs and he’ll automatically be seen as a failure, even if he is simply unable to correct a team that’s been in decline for months. We as fans need to give him the chance to fail this season, in the hope that everything starts slotting into place for next season.
    He will be a failure if we fall out the play offs.

Re-route the River Leen.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    They will have to do something when the gates drop below 2000, and the Booing gets louder with every game..
    I really hope you mean 'if' rather than 'when'.

He’s been here six games!

As a club, we really could do with not turning everything into a crisis.

In which we have lost 4 and are in very real danger of dropping out of the playoffs..

In which we have lost 4 and are in very real danger of dropping out of the playoffs..
    Indeed, it’s been a mildly underwhelming start from a new manager to fit in with a mildly underwhelming season.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I really hope you mean 'if' rather than 'when'.
    More likely to be When..Not if..

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast