+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Storm

No Durham, try again. Have another go.

Let me help you out when manager "miss out on playoffs", after he left "safely steer us to the playoffs". That's a change, only difference he was no longer the manager lol.

You say almost everyone is crap, managers and players which is really going out on a limb as a Notts fan.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    No Durham, try again. Have another go.

Let me help you out when manager "miss out on playoffs", after he left "safely steer us to the playoffs". That's a change, only difference he was no longer the manager lol.

You say almost everyone is crap, managers and players which is really going out on a limb as a Notts fan.
    Getting into the playoffs with our squad of players should be considered as a minimum requirement and a poor reflection on the managers abilities.. Ardley would probably have got us into the playoffs. But in most, that would have been construde as a failure on his part...

That's a completely separate point.

No promotion under Ardley this season was considered by me and many many people on here as a failure. It was more likely than not but we will never know

Old news, it's all about Burchnall now. All aboard#bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    Let’s not kid ourselves, vainly hoping that things get better will not solve the problem and the loyal supporters being positive in their outlook will not help either.
    True. Melodramatic nonsense will be posted on Notts MAD and other social media forever and day. Football fans are what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Some people seem to be thinking play offs means success.

It is only good if we go up and can anyone really say or believe Ardley or these players would do that.

People need to drop the Ardley stuff he is crap and was a complete failure here only a loon would think he did a good job.

Im not saying IB will be a Ferguson but he has been here about a month he needs abit more time.

I have said for a while you need energy and physical players in the lower leagues what did Ardley sign ?

Loads of lightweight kids who look good playing academy football on carpet pitches but that is not the reality here its a mans league.
    I am behind IB but how would you describe his first signing?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I am behind IB but how would you describe his first signing?

Average and I'm being kind. No clubs are gonna loan us their best players during a seasons run in, or at any time of the year for that matter. If the club want decent players, then they're gonna have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    True. Melodramatic nonsense will be posted on Notts MAD and other social media forever and day. Football fans are what they are.
    Notts County Mad has more melodrama than a Mexican soap opera, it always has, it always will.

But 1951 is right we all know mini-meltdowns after every defeat , sensationalist headlines and OTT nonsense helps the most.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Notts County Mad has more melodrama than a Mexican soap opera, it always has, it always will.

But 1951 is right we all know mini-meltdowns after every defeat , sensationalist headlines and OTT nonsense helps the most.
    I am baffled by the reception Burchnall has received. He is well-regarded in Scandinavia and was generating interest from teams well above us. Just give him a chance!!!!

Some serious toys being thrown after just 3 weeks! We all know this squad is flawed. Before he came in we could barely get a shot on target. I think some have forgotten just how bleak it was under Ardley. I have seen signs of improvement and Burchnall hasn't said anything I've disagreed with yet.

Maybe some of you don't like his delivery? Or that he has staring eyes? It's just weird. People need to calm down and get behind the club and the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I am baffled by the reception Burchnall has received. He is well-regarded in Scandinavia and was generating interest from teams well above us. Just give him a chance!!!!

Some serious toys being thrown after just 3 weeks! We all know this squad is flawed. Before he came in we could barely get a shot on target. I think some have forgotten just how bleak it was under Ardley. I have seen signs of improvement and Burchnall hasn't said anything I've disagreed with yet.

Maybe some of you don't like his delivery? Or that he has staring eyes? It's just weird. People need to calm down and get behind the club and the owners.
    I think you are over-reacting. Of course people will give him a chance, I guess that a concern from some is that however bleak you say it was under Ardley, a Wembley final and safely within the play-offs looked likely. The argument was so often put that 'anyone ought to be able to get this squad promoted'. Suddenly the same squad is requiring a major rebuild and we've seen that someone else probably won't get us promoted, although I do think we will make it into the play-offs.

Who are the teams who were generating interest in IB?

But Ardley has gone and as you say, we have to get behind the club and the owners.

This year recruitment has been poor, it cost Ardley his job. I doubt there's too much between Ardley or Ian Burchnall when it comes to coaching or fitness regimes, pretty much all FIFA and FA coaches use similar methods, go on the same courses, they all have the same biometric testing and use similar methods for player recovery even at our level.
    Football Radar are apparently involved in sorting out players to sign yet arguably this season's best signing have been Knowles on ten goals, who Abbott knew from Mansfield and Reeves who Ardley managed previously.
    Both have tried multiple formations, often changing during the game. I think we've had 442, 352, 343, 4231, 4411 and may be 4132 this season and because the players aren't good enough and haven't been right from pre season we've looked poor.
    I'm pretty sure Ardley would have got us to a cup final and into the playoffs not at all sure Birch will and have little beyond hope that either were going to take us up this year even if we do make top seven.
    We shouldn't be writing this season off, Wrexham, Chesterfield and Halifax certainly aren't but it feels like we are which is collectively pathetic from everyone at the club including the owners. I think we need a bit more than balanced management speak right now and did at times from Ardley, I want to see some anger, aggression and a bit of fire in our bellies and for us to at least make a fight of it for the rest of the season and worry about next season after.
    Next season we have a £250,000 shortfall, Wrexham will spend big, Grimsby if they come down have new owners and at least one of Torquay, Stockport or Hartlepool will be at least as strong next season. This year is as good a chance as any even now and the lack of urgency from all concerned is pulling us into a state of inertia which we're unlikely to just snap out of in pre season.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast