+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Storm

A Perfect Storm

Something is wrong in the state of Denmark and you don’t have to be a member of CSI to expose the evidence: -
    - A club which has been in financial and emotional turmoil for decades.
    - New owners with no experience whatsoever of running a professional football club.
    - A new coach with no experience of English league football and a poor track record overseas.
    - A team made up of mercenaries with loyalties to their wallets and not the club; win or lose they’ll still get paid and if their contracts are not extended, they’ll find another club.
    Assuming that one can’t blame all the other staff members, Covid 19, the weather, the ground, the pitch, the facilities, the pies and the supporters, where else should one look to effect a remedy?
    Perhaps the pre-match meals are laced with something which addles the player’s brains, or is it the pre-match instructions which go in one ear and out the other, particularly when players don’t respect their leaders, or their tactics?
    Let’s not kid ourselves, vainly hoping that things get better will not solve the problem and the loyal supporters being positive in their outlook will not help either.
    The overall situation is bad now and logically needs to be tackled now and not put off until next season as seems to be the master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    Something is wrong in the state of Denmark and you don’t have to be a member of CSI to expose the evidence: -
    - A club which has been in financial and emotional turmoil for decades.
    - New owners with no experience whatsoever of running a professional football club.
    - A new coach with no experience of English league football and a poor track record overseas.
    - A team made up of mercenaries with loyalties to their wallets and not the club; win or lose they’ll still get paid and if their contracts are not extended, they’ll find another club.
    Assuming that one can’t blame all the other staff members, Covid 19, the weather, the ground, the pitch, the facilities, the pies and the supporters, where else should one look to effect a remedy?
    Perhaps the pre-match meals are laced with something which addles the player’s brains, or is it the pre-match instructions which go in one ear and out the other, particularly when players don’t respect their leaders, or their tactics?
    Let’s not kid ourselves, vainly hoping that things get better will not solve the problem and the loyal supporters being positive in their outlook will not help either.
    The overall situation is bad now and logically needs to be tackled now and not put off until next season as seems to be the master plan.
    Ok, easy to point out what you believe to be wrong.

What's the solution?

The overall situation is bad now and logically needs to be tackled now and not put off until next season as seems to be the master plan.[/QUOTE]

Not going to respond to all points. But focus on the part above.

Don’t you think we are in the process of tackling the situation? Hence why the change happened during the season.

I know we've not been pulling up any trees on the pitch recently but you could also look through more optimistic eyes...

Young ambitious owners with a long term plan have come in and steadied the ship financially
    Young ambitious Head Coach retained to improve the football performances
    Occasional flashes of good football which need to be sustained for longer but illustrate the potential of the squad
    Although it might not feel like it this week we are actually in a promotion push, rather than the standard relegation dogfight.

Things are far from perfect but they could be far, far worse. Let's give the new owners and the new management a chance to show what they can do before panicking.

Jesus Christ. Talk about hyperbole. Let's just chill out a bit. I know IB's record isn't great at the minute but he's been here a few weeks and these aren't his players. We've shown glimpses of quality but as the players adapt/Burchnall brings his own players in to fit his system, I am confident he will be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I know we've not been pulling up any trees on the pitch recently but you could also look through more optimistic eyes...

Young ambitious owners with a long term plan have come in and steadied the ship financially
    Occasional flashes of good football which need to be sustained for longer but illustrate the potential of the squad
    Although it might not feel like it this week we are actually in a promotion push, rather than the standard relegation dogfight.

Things are far from perfect but they could be far, far worse. Let's give the new owners and the new management a chance to show what they can do before panicking.

At least the Broz have a plan and some wad to back it with, (we hope). Might not be working too well at the moment but at least it's a plan, with some idea of what they want to develop here. *Returns pitchfork to rack*

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

How could things be worse ?? Only in 2 ways , in that there could be no club at all ( a positive because then i could support my second team fully ), or we could be in the National League North

That all sounds a bit melodramatic to me. League placing apart, I feel we're in the safest hands since Derek Pavis.

We have a very imbalanced squad and owners who seem to have the patience to try and turn that around, but didn't trust Neil Ardley to do that, based on the fact he's built most of the squad.

And that's their prerogative; I don't see hordes of other rich businessmen waiting in the wings to take it off their hands. Luton took 6 years to get out of this league and were then the Championship within another 5.

And the vast majority of footballers are 'mercenaries', same as any other line of employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    How could things be worse ?? Only in 2 ways , in that there could be no club at all ( a positive because then i could support my second team fully ), or we could be in the National League North
    Correct. Or we could be in a relegation scrap right now.

I think people are still (and understandably) angry about the club losing its' league status and are looking for somebody to blame or lash out at.

For me, Ardley is more culpable than anybody else for our current predicament but I also recognise that we were heading for the rocks under Hardy - though we could have hit those rocks as a league club still had he stuck with Kewell. Who knows where we'd be now if somebody had took Notts over with us having survived that season.

It's not Burchnall's fault we're in tier 5, nor the fault of the current owners. Yes, they could and should have sacked Ardley earlier but circumstances being what they were you can see why they were reluctant to do so.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast