+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reading Club Accounts Ending June 2020 Published

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSimmons View Post
    Brin I complety agree. My point was that whatever the efl do it will be halved on appeal making them toothless. They tend to get a lot of stick whereas in my opinion the arbitration process, which never fails if you lawyers are expensive enough , is the bigger villain. The efl should be allowed to govern their competitions and sadly they are not. I take your point about the maximum starting penalty being too low, but it makes little difference if a third party appeal body always undermines everything they do.
    Could the problem be that the EFL board is made up of club owners and directors with others which are ex Premiership board members?

Maybe tone way forward is to have a franchaise system owned/given to the clubs supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Could the problem be that the EFL board is made up of club owners and directors with others which are ex Premiership board members?

Maybe tone way forward is to have a franchaise system owned/given to the clubs supporters.
    Looking at a franchaise system Frogmiller, proof in the pudding using fans in running a football club,
    ok not same has being on a governing body, but look at one league club.
    Wycombe Wanderers are one club, the ground owned by the fans in a trust, the club its self now,
    75% owned by a American, with the other 25% by the fans in a trust.
    The fans have trustees on the board, & look what they have achieved over the last few seasons,
    promotion to the championship, with a good manager in Gareth Ainsworth, be it a short spell in
    the higher league, but the system has worked.

Turns out they have a Supporters Trust at Reading [Star].
    The supporters trust recently held a meeting [2nd], with executives from Reading F.C.
    in a structured dialogue meeting, to discuss on & off field matters.
    The meetings are held, to allow the trust to raise issues, with the club on behalf of supporters.

Points that came out of the meeting were -
    Having no director of football, instead having a football board in place, with 4 people,
    Chief Executive, Finance Director, Academy Boss & the Manager, they cover transfers
    & recruitment to the club.
    So two people with football knowledge, & two people running the business side.

Reading have not been docked points by the EFL, but have come extremely close, to
    breaking Profit & Sustainability guidelines, over the past couple of years.

Cost cutting - Reading F.C. have been helped financially, by 17 matches being broadcast
    by Sky Sports, over the past year.
    Plus money coming in from fans paying for the ifollow game service.
    They have moved to a new training ground, plus letting out office space at the Madejski
    Stadium, looking to reduce the wage bill, 10 players out of contract in June 2021.
    Club sponsorship with online betting company Casumo, ends this season, no deal set
    up yet for further sponsorship.
    Reading F.C. have a minority stake in R.F.C. Prop co - which has planning permission,
    for the proposed Royal Elm Park Development, next to the the Madejski Stadium,
    but nothing expected in the next 12 months.

Many of us on the M.M. board have said, that Rotherham United ought to have someone,
    with football knowledge on the board, who could advise on valuation on players, whether
    coming to the club or leaving.

Good read that Ericslad, thanks.

We're a well run club and we're not alone. Chasing a dream like Reading have done would be great but maintaning it and then trying to do it again is their downfall. Their spell in the Prem is still a financial burden to them it seems. Would trying to get into the prem again be the answer tot heir problems? In the short term I'd say yes but longer term I'm not sure. Even if they built a retail facility around the ground would that stop what happened to Bolton happening to them?

I wonder how we'd go on financially if we were in league 1 for a long spell now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'Go figure?' You really are becoming too Americanised pal
    Americanized please although I think I got it off Coronation Street

Bump this with new posting of, ' Reading may face points deduction '.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123