+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - The Kamara incident

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Agree with the Seedorf comment regarding a yellow for cupping your hand over your face. I’m guessing it started after somebody got caught on camera saying something(which could be lip read?). It’s laughable when you see it happening between smaller teams’ players at the end of games—as if these halfwits have anything interesting to say.
    Spot on mate,they do most of the viewers a disservice to think we are even remotely interested in what they have to say to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Agree with the Seedorf comment regarding a yellow for cupping your hand over your face. I’m guessing it started after somebody got caught on camera saying something(which could be lip read?). It’s laughable when you see it happening between smaller teams’ players at the end of games—as if these halfwits have anything interesting to say.
    Was that not what happened when John Terry abused Anton Ferdinand. The FA brought in a lip reader who gave an opinion on what Terry said.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Was that not what happened when John Terry abused Anton Ferdinand. The FA brought in a lip reader who gave an opinion on what Terry said.
    Yeah think amarouso was done after a lip reader caught him abusing a player although rancid tried to stick up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Kudela was quite a long way from Kamara and made the effort to go across to Kamara to make the insult. I think a 10 game ban is at the very least what he deserves. I mean we are trying to kick racism out aren't we? At least I thought we were.

Personally I'd give him 20.

The assault by Kamara, if there was one, is a grey area. A UEFA matter or a police matter, dunno. Would have thought it's either an after match red card if in the tunnel or deemed to be up to the police.
    Should any insult on the pitch be punished the same in you'r opinion or just racist comments against black people?If it is all insults then we can have teams walking of because someone is called a fenien b....rd scottish c... or because someone is called a fat b....rd or baldy git etc etc.Where does the line get drawn just black players not allowed to be abused is that not rasist?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    20 game ban and Pat on the back for Kamara would be fair IMO.

Racist stuff is totally unacceptable in 2021
    So pre 2021 was ok then ?

The new Rangers is worse than the dead one and you come on here trying to make what point exactly?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gla.../15255549.amp/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...BytpuS&ampcf=1

no one likes us we dont care really means
    no one cares about you and you don't like it

horrible 2 faced club full of hate and paranoia

This is the worst thing about the whole thing the vile bigots are trying to take the moral high ground they sit inside Ipox and listen to the vile abuse being sung about catholics at every home game because they see them as lesser people but fake shock when one of their players receives abuse.Nothing good in any abuse but can't pick and choose who should and who should not be targets of abuse just because of their religion colour or what team they play for.

Agree its unacceptable. Unbelievable it still exists. Id ban for at least a year if proven tbh (hard to do). However, I feel it is completely hypocritical of Rangers and Gerrard the outrage until they tackle the racist and sectarian behaviour of their own brotherhood. And Gerrard never apologised for the liverpool stunt - strange and whilst the kamara incident is shocking and i support rangers in their stance on that matter 100% I cant help but feel its just an agenda of no one likes us mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    So pre 2021 was ok then ?

The new Rangers is worse than the dead one and you come on here trying to make what point exactly?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gla.../15255549.amp/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour..._uTBytpuS&cf=1

no one likes us we dont care really means
    no one cares about you and you don't like it

horrible 2 faced club full of hate and paranoia
    agree 100%

Putting the fact it involved the huns aside, this was the fourth time Slavia Prague have had action taken against them by UEFA for similar racial stuff. Whether it has been supporters or players involved previously from that club shouldn’t really matter. UEFA have handed the player the minimum sanction possible with a ten game ban, and this does nothing to show they take racism seriously at all.

If UEFA wants to the lead, and it should as the governing body of European fitba, then they should have banned the player for at least all of next season in all competitions and fined the club the equivalent of what their payout from UEFA would be for this season. This imo would have sent out a strong message to all clubs that they will be held accountable for what goes on with their players and everything else that goes on in their ground.

Handing out the bare minimum sanction for a fourth offence is in fact the biggest offence not just to Kamara but to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Putting the fact it involved the huns aside, this was the fourth time Slavia Prague have had action taken against them by UEFA for similar racial stuff. Whether it has been supporters or players involved previously from that club shouldn’t really matter. UEFA have handed the player the minimum sanction possible with a ten game ban, and this does nothing to show they take racism seriously at all.

If UEFA wants to the lead, and it should as the governing body of European fitba, then they should have banned the player for at least all of next season in all competitions and fined the club the equivalent of what their payout from UEFA would be for this season. This imo would have sent out a strong message to all clubs that they will be held accountable for what goes on with their players and everything else that goes on in their ground.

Handing out the bare minimum sanction for a fourth offence is in fact the biggest offence not just to Kamara but to everyone.
    I think your post nails it Altan.

You have to separate the noise associated with it ie Sevco (horrible club), the element of their fans that are sectarian (unknown percentage but many), and Gerrard's history (arrogant Prick and perfect fit at Sevco)

When you put that aside and look at the case in isolation your comments are bang on the money.

By the way Gerrard was cleared of an assault in Southport (where he has a bar and half ownership of a four star hotel)
    The jury heard and saw on high res video, that he'd had words with DJ previously in the evening becausethe DJ had refused to play his requests. He later walked 20 yards across the bar and attacked the DJ "because I feared he was going to assault me". Gerrard was found not guilty. Not sure how that works unless you're a high profile Liverpool player with business interests in the town and access to very good lawyers.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)