+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - The Kamara incident

O/T - The Kamara incident

UEFA have decided. 10 games for Kudela and 3 for Kamara.

End of story for most of us but not the Huns. Fair or not is a personal opinion.

Kudela according to these people should have been hung, drawn and quartered.

Ironically the very same people who think that singing about Fenian blood is acceptable at a football match. It's not racist we're told.

Some of them don't think Kamara should have been banned at all because he was responding to racist abuse.

Maybe if he'd hit him at the time. You have to wonder why he didn't instead of waiting until they were in the tunnel.

Irrespective I'm not sure how that would work in the future if black players can assault white players and not be charged if they claim racism.

Not surprisingly the fact that Kamara hasn't been an angel in all this has gone more or less ignored by the Huns.

And then we have Roofe who almost takes the keeper's head off. Not important.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    UEFA have decided. 10 games for Kudela and 3 for Kamara.

End of story for most of us but not the Huns. Fair or not is a personal opinion.

Kudela according to these people should have been hung, drawn and quartered.

Ironically the very same people who think that singing about Fenian blood is acceptable at a football match. It's not racist we're told.

Some of them don't think Kamara should have been banned at all because he was responding to racist abuse.

Maybe if he'd hit him at the time. You have to wonder why he didn't instead of waiting until they were in the tunnel.

Irrespective I'm not sure how that would work in the future if black players can assault white players and not be charged if they claim racism.

Not surprisingly the fact that Kamara hasn't been an angel in all this has gone more or less ignored by the Huns.

And then we have Roofe who almost takes the keeper's head off. Not important.
    You've raised a lot of issues there. Not entirely sure what you're actually getting at though.

My take on the Kamara incident is that we don't actually know what was said. Do UEFA?
    Does anyone on here know? Has Kudela admitted the exact words he used? I don't know. But if a player abuses another player racially there needs to be a punishment. Are you suggesting 10 games for walking over, singling out one player, cupping your hands to his ear and saying something deeply racist should get less? 5 maybe? 1? I'm not really sure what you're saying here.

Either way, UEFA has a lot of previous for failing to match the punishment to the crime. According to the press a 10 game ban is the minimum punishment and that's what they've given out. Many a time there's been racism at grounds in the likes of Serbia etc and they've done virtually nothing to punish it. 7000 euros springs to mind for one incident.

They also have history of poor attention to discipline elsewhere, look at the pathetic fines they handed out to the richest club in Scotland over the recent years for sectarian singing. Pathetic. Club pays the fines and the singing goes on. It's the fans they need to punish as well as the clubs.

The Roofe incident was shocking, absolutely shocking. In a different way. I'd have to see that from several angles in slow motion and realtime to decide if he intended contact with the keeper. If he did, he deserves a years ban minimum imo.

Didn't watch the game but I seen the incident on the news and I wonder what the 2 black Slavia Prague player's stance is on this? and will Slavia Prague do a Liverpool and back their racist player by wearing t shirts etc in support(was Steve Gerrard still at Liverpool when Suarez made the racist remarks and did he wear the t shirt?)

Clarence Seedorf came out with a good idea today,yellow card for any player on the pitch masking his face with a hand.I have always disliked when they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    My take on the Kamara incident is that we don't actually know what was said. Do UEFA?
    Does anyone on here know?
    Called him a 'f*cking monkey' apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    You've raised a lot of issues there. Not entirely sure what you're actually getting at though.

Does anyone on here know? Has Kudela admitted the exact words he used? I don't know. But if a player abuses another player racially there needs to be a punishment. Are you suggesting 10 games for walking over, singling out one player, cupping your hands to his ear and saying something deeply racist should get less? 5 maybe? 1? I'm not really sure what you're saying here.

Either way, UEFA has a lot of previous for failing to match the punishment to the crime. According to the press a 10 game ban is the minimum punishment and that's what they've given out. Many a time there's been racism at grounds in the likes of Serbia etc and they've done virtually nothing to punish it. 7000 euros springs to mind for one incident.

They also have history of poor attention to discipline elsewhere, look at the pathetic fines they handed out to the richest club in Scotland over the recent years for sectarian singing. Pathetic. Club pays the fines and the singing goes on. It's the fans they need to punish as well as the clubs.

The Roofe incident was shocking, absolutely shocking. In a different way. I'd have to see that from several angles in slow motion and realtime to decide if he intended contact with the keeper. If he did, he deserves a years ban minimum imo.
    Just making the point that the Hun fans don’t have a problem singing about Fenian blood but take umbrage at their player being racially abused.
    And more or less ignored Kamara assaulting the Czech guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Called him a 'f*cking monkey' apparently.
    Another player not sure who said they heard it.

Just making the point that the Hun fans don’t have a problem singing about Fenian blood but take umbrage at their player being racially abused.
    The HUN fans were serial racists until they started signing black players and that's a FACT.Does anyone on here remember a UEFA cup game at Ibrox when a bunch of banana's was thrown at a black player from the opposition?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Another player not sure who said they heard it.
    https://twitter.com/PeterAdamSmith/s...0%2Fframe.html

They never used to sign anybody other than white protestants,it was an unwritten rule that Ralph Brand revealed to The News Of The World in the 60's.
    They were up to their knees in The Orange Order from the chairman down.They now portray themselves as an all inclusive model club,which turns my stomach to be honest.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)