+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp - WEEK 32 - Warning - Friday evening game. 6pm kick off.

Predictocomp - WEEK 32 - Warning - Friday evening game. 6pm kick off.

Blackburn Rovers v Derby County has been brought forward to tomorrow evening (Friday 16th April) with 6.00 pm kick off.

"Out of respect to HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral service, which will take place in Windsor at 3pm on Saturday April 17th, Rovers’ game against Derby has been brought forward to Friday April 16th, kick-off 6pm."

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/a...y-date-agreed/

I see the Queen had a winner at Newmarket today but out of respect for HRH Prince Philip has agreed not to have any runners on Saturday.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/race...actical/484668

Ta mate, that wasn’t part of the planning that I read into on Tuesday. I’ll go onto England Mad and the other (non-independent) Carlisle board and leave messages for the posters who usually enter on a Saturday. HOWEVER, if even one person fails to get an entry in, for that game at least, before 1800 on Friday, then I will void that fixture.

Thanks again Howoldboy. I’ll have to start calling you Eagle-Eye.

If you void that fixture its hardly fair on the correct score predictions.

I’m happy to listen to other suggestions.

Rather than void the game you could void Group A that would make it a level playing field,in the end i'm happy to go with whatever you decide, you and howoldboy are doing a great job under the circumstances.

Just keep it in Griffy,it's circumstances beyond your control and the bug has already given you and howoldboy more work than you bargained for or deserve,they are all decent lads* that take part and will understand

*Not you Flouncy

For what it is worth Griff I'm with Chalky on this.

You warned everyone on Tuesday that the kick off times could change and we have tried to bring it to everyones attention since we learned that Blackburn v Derby had been moved to Friday.

Apart from Southblue and me (entry imminent) everyone in the top ten has already submitted their entries so apart from Southblue (who still has time to enter) the only ones that could potentially be disadvantaged are people who are 40 points or more off the top and realistically unlikely to get close to the top now with so little time left in the season.

I would just leave it in.

I’ll sleep on it, but I’d overlooked what I said on Tuesday about no guarantees so that might sway me.

Well, I’ve slept on it.

Pete’s right about perceived fairness, though I don’t think that voiding the whole group is a good solution. That could be seen as me trying to take an advantage by reducing scoring opportunities to protect my lead. I chose a score for this game because, again, my choosing a result could be seen as me trying to gain an advantage if I eventually voided the game. As Pete said, everyone else choosing a result could be disadvantaged too. Not easy, is it?

More entries came in overnight, so the only outstanding entry in the top dozen is Southblue. I gave fair warning when I put the fixtures up, both in the header and in the body of the post, therefore the game stands. I can’t disadvantage potentially 18 people because of one late entry. Acido could be another, but I also gave him fair warning on the England Mad board.

12 games to score this week then.

13 games. I forgot the rearranged Altrincham v Sutton game. I’ve also left a message for Acido on his Barnsley board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)