+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleazebag Cameron caught bang at it.

I have long accepted they are all on board the "gravy train" sinkov, but this latest bout of blatant Tory snouts in the public purse is rather nauseating at a time when the Tory hierarchy are taking full advantage of a lack of transparency in public accounting.

Taking advantage of a global pandemic to line your back pockets is rather nasty even for a Tory sinkov. Hancock's Half Hour is even bang at it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You have either a very selective memory or a short one BT, possibly both. The expenses scandal in 2009, Speaker Martin resigned, Cabinet Ministers Jacqui Smith, Hazel Blears, Kitty Usher, Geoff Hoon, David Laws, backbenchers Chapman, Chaytor, Cohen, Devine, Gibson, Illsley, McShame, Moffat, Moran, Morley, in the Lords, Baron Clarke, Baroness Thornton, Baroness Uddin, the expenses scandal did for all of them some ended up in prison.

None of the above were Tories.

Remember Tessa Jowell, married to international tax lawyer David Mills, and the £400,000 mortgage paid off by a gift from Berlusconi, who Mills had recently spoken up for a in a corruption case. Tessa, bless her, claimed to know nothing about it, and said she didn't even know the mortgage had been paid off. Tessa was not a Tory.

Remember Two Jags Union owned flat, which he was paying a peppercorn rent for. He moved out to his grace and favour apartment in Admiralty Arch, but allowed his son to live in his Union flat rent free. No one asked the Union members who were subbing the flat what they thought about this arrangement. Two Jags was not a Tory.

Remember the 'Loans for Lordships' scandal investigated by Scotland Yard ? Remember Lord Levy, aka Mr Cashpoint ? £1 million loan from the CEO of Capita, a company with billions in government contracts, £2 million from David Sainsbury, 17 out of 22 people who had donated over £100,000 to the Labour party received an honour, all but one of those who had donated over £1 million received a peerage. No Tories were involved in the above.

I could go on all night with Labour sleaze stories BT, I could put up two for every one you can put up about the Tories, and still have plenty to spare.
    Lovely and usual Tory diversionary tactic sinkov. Never mind addressing the rampant Tory corruption brought to a head in 2021, let's blame Labour for having their snouts in the trough more than a decade ago, despite the fact some of their individual actions were investigated by Scotland Yard and no charges where ever brought.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Lovely and usual Tory diversionary tactic sinkov. Never mind addressing the rampant Tory corruption brought to a head in 2021, let's blame Labour for having their snouts in the trough more than a decade ago, despite the fact some of their individual actions were investigated by Scotland Yard and no charges where ever brought.
    It's like Matthew Parris said in the Times BT, about Cameron,

"You may find his kind of lobbying inappropriate. I do, but make no mistake, this kind of thing is absolutely routine, has been for decades and involves Labour as well as Conservative former cabinet ministers"

So while the infantile Left chucks it's toys out of the pram, out in the real world no one bats an eyelid, and the Tory lead over Labour goes up to 14%. My theory BT, for what it's worth, is that real people know it goes on, and they know it will go on whoever is in power, so they just shrug it off, it has little impact on them, they have more important things to worry about, 'We have corrupt politicians on the make Albert. Really, what's for tea love'.
    Last edited by sinkov; 17-04-2021 at 08:42 AM.

It's like Matthew Parris said in the Times BT, about Cameron,

"You may find his kind of lobbying inappropriate. I do, but make no mistake, this kind of thing is absolutely routine, has been for decades and involves Labour as well as Conservative former cabinet ministers"

So while the infantile Left chucks it's toys out of the pram, out in the real world no one bats an eyelid, and the Tory lead over Labour goes up to 14%. My theory BT, for what it's worth, is that real people know it goes on, and they know it will go on whoever is in power, so they just shrug it off, it has little impact on them, they have more important things to worry about, 'We have corrupt politicians on the make Albert. Really, what's for tea love'.
    A bit more complicated than just lobbying in Cameron's case though sinkov. He was paid a nice little earner from something that was akin to a government backed Ponzi scheme. It stinks and you know it stinks.

It stinks and you know it stinks.
    Where have I said that it doesn't, I'm just pointing out that the same stench emanates from all political parties, especially the Labour Party, as becomes clear when you read Post 20, which just shows the tip of the iceberg of Labour sleaze, I can put up lots, lots more examples if you want.

Where have I said that it doesn't, I'm just pointing out that the same stench emanates from all political parties, especially the Labour Party, as becomes clear when you read Post 20, which just shows the tip of the iceberg of Labour sleaze, I can put up lots, lots more examples if you want.
    Deflecting Cameron's antics is a sure sign he is guilty as charged mon ami.

So will he be required to go to The Hague for a War Crimes trial? Oh no, wait a minute, he is an ex-British Prime Minister, so nothing like that could happen because the last one who should have been there ended up as a Peace Envoy.
    Ah well, Cameron will probably end up as a Financial Advisor in the European Union somewhere --The Untouchables! Elliott Ness eat your heart out.

Maybe he is BT, maybe he isn't, not that I'm sure what the charge is anyway, and to be honest I don't give a FF either way. Tell me when you find a politician who isn't corrupt, that might be worth discussing, but ex PM on the make isn't, it's just what they do, ask Tony Blair.

Maybe he is BT, maybe he isn't, not that I'm sure what the charge is anyway, and to be honest I don't give a FF either way. Tell me when you find a politician who isn't corrupt, that might be worth discussing, but ex PM on the make isn't, it's just what they do, ask Tony Blair.
    I find it all rather grubby and obnoxious sinkov when millions of adults in the UK are paid a pittance for their labour and yet still have to rely on Universal Credits to top up their earnings.

Please stop citing Blair guys, the dude should be in jail.

You know it's a $hitfest when IDS condemns it!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgdhp

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)