+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Won't we lose our next five games?

Won't we lose our next five games?

Being late to the party here, but I've just familiarised myself with our remaining schedule of the season.

West Ham (lose)
    Liverpool (lose)
    Arsenal (probably lose)
    Leicester (lose)
    Man City (lose)

Then we have Sheff Utd. at home which should be a win, but if we come from 4/5 lost games... Who can say what shape and state we will be in?

Even if we beat Sheff Utd., we might be in a direct battle with Fulham for the last game at Craven Cottage. For a one-off game like that, I would honestly put my money on Fulham.

Not saying we're going down for sure, but there's a probable chance it will happen.

We need to have some wins after West Brom's two big wins.

Aye, there's a very high probability that we'll lose all 5. People seem to forget we're sh!te-and by 'people', I mean pundits and media-I've heard and read so much b0llocks about how we'll be fine now after one win against a poor team.

We are still very much relying on Fulham and West Brom losing. I don't think West Brom's run will continue but I think Fulham will pick up a couple of wins-they play Burnley and Southampton and are very capable of getting 6 points, at which point they'll go above us on goal difference.

Mind, I say that about West Brom-they've got the easiest run in by a long stretch and their last two wins have been seriously impressive so who bloody knows in this strangest of seasons.

Yep!

Personally, I believe that in the next 2-3 weeks, we will be so close to Fulham and probably also West Brom, that it will come down to the last 3-4 rounds who will make it and who won't.

And I'm not sure Sheff Utd. and certainly not Fulham will be walkovers. We are fighting for our lives, still, even after having beaten the mighty Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Yep!

Personally, I believe that in the next 2-3 weeks, we will be so close to Fulham and probably also West Brom, that it will come down to the last 3-4 rounds who will make it and who won't.

And I'm not sure Sheff Utd. and certainly not Fulham will be walkovers. We are fighting for our lives, still, even after having beaten the mighty Burnley.
    I just hope they dont get cocky after the Burnley result, and fall flat on our arses. I still think we could go down, ok the Burnley result was much needed, BUT our form over the season, with the Saint and Wilson, in the team, has been garbage, time will tell.

I have a feeling we will beat West Ham! Don't ask me why...there is absolutely no logical reason! 😂

After that? Pfft...possible points against Arsenal...that's it...
    We will stay up due to worse teams in the league...although if it comes down to the last game!? I know which manager I'd trust to get the team prepared!

I'm not convinced we'll lose all five, mind.

And no, I haven't been on the glue😂.

This late season is throwing up some odd results, and with SM and CW back I think sides will be looking at us differently. It all comes down to the players now and I saw something in the Burnley game after the substitutions that lifted the team and gave me a bit of heart.

But I do appreciate the manager is a ****wit.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)