In German it means my struggle. Reading the posts here, it shows the degree of suffering you all experience, a struggle, like Hitlers struggle to enlighten the world. Its a shame he was a bit mistaken.

Do you realise that there is no pathway to the higher leagues anymore.? Look at Forest, Wednesday, Middlesborough etc, they have no chance of impacting on the premier league. There are countless big clubs like that.

The best County can hope for is the Peterborough path, a brief visit to the championship. Does this matter to you?. It matters to me, in fact it renders the whole thing pointless.

Why suffer over it. The best thing you can hope for is an entry into the logs of winners of div 4 that will be forgotten. Who remembers who won div 3 south in 1963?

Why do you care so much?. Your not involved. You are not a player, director, coach, or family member of the above, they care. They have all the fun, you stump up and watch. County winning or losing is not a comment on the worth of Nottingham, is it. The best you can hope for is to bask in a reflected glory that doesnt exist, but you will pay a fortune for it.

There is always another game with an imaginary carrott at the end of it, or a hamster on its wheel. Win or lose, it carries on. Its a ritual.

Genuine competition does not exist, County will never win the fa cup or the prem. The prem winners buy the title, if county win the league, its because they bought it, you dont have enough money to go above div 3, or if you do it would be brief.

How you make sport into sport again i dont know, football is a business, and you pay to keep it like that. If you lived in ancient Rome, you would not put a 5 foot 3 gladiator up against a 6 foot five giant, the crowd would boo it.

But football does it all the time, and you think its ok. Everyone must stand a chance, ritual slaying is ugly.

Your struggle is unnecessary, a wasted emotion, wasted money, your bond with county laughable, and like Hitler, you are mistaken. Stop funding shooting fish in a barrel, stop hoping for the impossible.

Eric of Malta Road.