+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gene Genie

Gene Genie

There is now almost the possibility of having a 'designer baby'. Vulnerability to certain illnesses can be prevented, surely this is a positive thing. But also it is in theory now almost possible to enhance or diminish certain totally normal characteristics in order to produce a baby to the parents' whim just as they might order a vehicle of a specific colour, engine power, petrol / diesel / electric, body type standard or estate variant or van or professional rally car. This is not a good idea. Nature produces enough totally random variants and that has to be best for our species in terms of natural evolution over millions of years.

Such science is being closely monitored and legal 'lines in the sand' have been drawn worldwide about what can be done. However, I suspect that in such places as Russia, China and America there are certain facilities deep underground which are ignoring the worldwide laws, thus unable to be detected by spy satellites.

I also suspect that similarly there are cataclysmic weapons of war being developed deep underground by countries that have signed up to treaties forbidding such developments.

A less likely scenario but which quite a few folk mention is that America has got a secret space programme (, they would spell it 'program'). This is said to be substantially technologically in advance of the space programme that we see in plain view. It may in fact have military purposes or it may have taken astronauts to places that are viewed as extremely long term aspirations by NASA and the likes of Elon Musk.

What do you reckon might be going on in secret that we should know about and try to prevent?

There are aliens up there, there is no doubt in my mind, which makes us part of a greater neighbourhood, although the ordinary folk dont know about it. And in any community, there is good and bad.

The same problems we have on earth are replicated across the galaxy, and probably across the universe. If you believe in the bible, as i do, part of this life is deciding whos side your on. Like the wizard of Oz, maybe the bloke behind the curtain is God, and the witch is god too.

Maybe i have been a genocidal maniac in a previous life, and a saint in another.

After all, how do you fill eternity, but by experiencing life, like this. You cannot create something from nothing, i mean nothing, the vacuum of space is filled with stuff, it is something. If you live, you have always lived, and always will.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)