+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: o/t McBurnie

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I see McBurnie has finally lived up to his striker tag
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57068729
    Most amazing thing about that story? HE'S ONLY 24? Phuckme!

Confirmed as out of the Euros.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57147170

Even if fit he should not be anywhere near the squad, he nor Burke have done anything to merit inclusion. Shankland by the press reckoning is an outside choice, but despite not scoring many this season, injury, tactics etc. He still knows where the goal is and his link up play is far better than anyone in that potential squad. Sometime you have to take risk

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Even if fit he should not be anywhere near the squad, he nor Burke have done anything to merit inclusion. Shankland by the press reckoning is an outside choice, but despite not scoring many this season, injury, tactics etc. He still knows where the goal is and his link up play is far better than anyone in that potential squad. Sometime you have to take risk
    I think this is a very underrated part of Shankland's game, and a very important attribute for any striker playing in the system Clarke likes. Not saying he should be first choice, but he should be in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I think this is a very underrated part of Shankland's game, and a very important attribute for any striker playing in the system Clarke likes. Not saying he should be first choice, but he should be in the squad.
    I actually think that type of play is what will be required from a sub this summer. And he can nick a goal. He also has played in a defensive team all season. He has lost sharpness in front of goal though as a result. I dont think he is going. Personally Nesbit is a great finisher but limited in my view. But he is a head of shankland.

Dykes, Adams, Nesbit and Shankland should be the four that go

There is the usual OF clamour to include the likes of Gilmour, Patterson, Turnbull and even Griffiths, as a finisher I like Griffiths but not cut it this season and certainly less so than Shankland. Similarly naw neck Forest, will get the nod. Turnbull possibly to similar to what are probably the stick ons. Gilmour and Patterson not seen at all. Lewis Ferguson also mentioned and arguably reasonable call. I am biased about Gauls, but no less deserving than those mentioned. Realistically though the OF connections will clinch it, which is unfortunate.

The Huns apparently weighing up a £15M bid. 😂

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)