+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    How I feel today :

https://youtu.be/-Jm3Tq_q4yU
    Believe my friend, believe

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I can only agree, hit the nail on the head.

As for criticism of PW, I, like many others, have criticised team selections on occasions and how we have attempted with futility to win some games. The thing that bugs me the most is when we lose it is automatically 'we didn't show desire' , 'heart wasn't in it', 'we didn't want it enough'. Just such a simplistic way to look at things. If motivation was everything, as some seem to think it is, then the local pub side would be in the Premier League. We need to play nearer to a 100% game than other teams. Our drop off in percent and ability to still get a result is narrower than others. Norwich and Watford can play probably 70% and still win most games because they have the quality. It is unbelievably hard to maintain close to perfection with what a season brings. It doesn't happen.
    Good points millertime and pup.I don't think we "do" must wins hence losing yday and to Wyc yet we beat QPR. Our psychology is set up different to that ie do your best at all times. The "must wins" suggest that doing our best and losing aint good enough.

We may find that we do better than we think against Barnsley and Brentford because of this. Im not suggesting we will win those but we could get a point. Our grearest chance is against the QPR "nowt to play for teams" ie Luton, Cardiff, Blackburn and Middlesboro. Dont be surprised if we get a couple of wins out of those 4. We probably would need just one more win then. Ideally Brum would be the one but I think that could be difficult. A draw could be possible though as they may be relatively happy with that.

Far too much negativity on here. Keep the faith. After all, what's the use in worrying? It never was worthwhile. If I were you lads I'd just pack up my troubles in an old Millers shirt and smile, smile, smile. If the worst happens I can't think of a better bunch of great guys I'd rather be relegated with.

Thing is with cov last night and brum coming up,they had the points gap and their mindset will be at the least maintain the points gap between us.anything else is a bonus like Coventry did in the end...remember Wigan coming here last time in championship about 6 points in front of us and they just scrapped and kick balls anywhere and was the worst performance I’d seen for a long time from an opponent but they came here with a plan and achieved that...we are on the other end and on the chase and we haven’t really got that fall back and are having to win.. I think all we can hope for it’s by last game at Cardiff is that we are still in play..

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Good points millertime and pup.I don't think we "do" must wins hence losing yday and to Wyc yet we beat QPR. Our psychology is set up different to that ie do your best at all times. The "must wins" suggest that doing our best and losing aint good enough.

We may find that we do better than we think against Barnsley and Brentford because of this. Im not suggesting we will win those but we could get a point. Our grearest chance is against the QPR "nowt to play for teams" ie Luton, Cardiff, Blackburn and Middlesboro. Dont be surprised if we get a couple of wins out of those 4. We probably would need just one more win then. Ideally Brum would be the one but I think that could be difficult. A draw could be possible though as they may be relatively happy with that.
    No better mentality to have. Do your best and give yourself the best chance to succeed. Sometimes it falls, sometimes it just isn't good enough because of errors, bad luck or lack of quality. It's that consistency of approach, don't get too high or too low, just keep trying to do everything you can in the right way.

Yep, we have every opportunity to get the wins on the board. It won't be easy, and yes we have to hope they are on the beach to a degree, but we can do it. Last night hasn't decided anything, it hurt us obviously, we are wounded, not dead.

Birmingham will more than likely try and steamroller us early on, much like Coventry did, but obviously hope to take any chances that come, unlike last night early on. Psychologically to get to 40 would be another landmark, to do that Sunday would be great.

Hopefully Derby lose tonight also, keep them in sight with games running out.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Thing is with cov last night and brum coming up,they had the points gap and their mindset will be at the least maintain the points gap between us.anything else is a bonus like Coventry did in the end...remember Wigan coming here last time in championship about 6 points in front of us and they just scrapped and kick balls anywhere and was the worst performance I’d seen for a long time from an opponent but they came here with a plan and achieved that...we are on the other end and on the chase and we haven’t really got that fall back and are having to win.. I think all we can hope for it’s by last game at Cardiff is that we are still in play..
    I think if winning at Cardiff in a one off game at the end of the season keeps us up we would snap your hand off for that chance. We would at the start of the season, during, and at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Far too much negativity on here. Keep the faith. After all, what's the use in worrying? It never was worthwhile. If I were you lads I'd just pack up my troubles in an old Millers shirt and smile, smile, smile. If the worst happens I can't think of a better bunch of great guys I'd rather be relegated with.
    You must have had your jab. I have heard these COVID vaccines can have some strange side effects!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You must have had your jab. I have heard these COVID vaccines can have some strange side effects!
    Too true, Cam. I just can't take this lot seriously anymore. I think the real problem is the ball. Why do we need it? RUFC seem to have done OK without it this season. It's round. It moves. You can't pass it. You can't shoot with it. You certainly can't put it in that big netty thing. Besides, it interferes with the important things in the game like taking the knee, wheelchair access, showers with the lads and tucking the players in bed at night with a nice cup of cocoa. You heard it here first.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011