+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    One of the worst performances of the season, Ragner was amazing again and kept the score line below 3-0 which would have been a fair result.

Not a single shot on target, Crooks either fouled, gave the ball away, offside or hand balled it ....his worst performance so far.

Fair play to COV thoroughly deserved it seem to really up for it and played the better football by far. It’s hard to take but that was a relegation performance when we needed quality
    Crooks has looked out of it for the past few games. Surprised Barlaser didn’t come on. Better than Ogbene who still doesn’t look 100% to me.

Can't blame anyone for the loss as we were burnt out as you could see from the start. It's a tough ask to play at full throttle with only 1 days rest between the games. The lads did everything they could and I think Warny did get the formation and tactics right again tonight it was just a step to far for the players. 2 days rest now and ready for Sunday. UTM!

Hurts. Hate football again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    Crooks has looked out of it for the past few games. Surprised Barlaser didn’t come on. Better than Ogbene who still doesn’t look 100% to me.
    I brought this up in another thread, for some reason ( maybe medical) Crooks always struggles when we have two games close together.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Plan A. Hoofball
    Plan B when A isn’t working change a few players Hoofball.
    Plan C. See if it works in League 1.
    Crook you missed plan B sub-section A ..." Spread aht "

I honestly don't think our shortcomings were to do with a lack of commitment, desire or fight. We were just knackered, heart in it but the body of all players said 'not today mate'.

Saving ourselves for the Brum game I reckon. Viktor outstanding again. Never a foul. Not down yet by any means.

Yes, one of the worst performances of the season, even stats back that up. No shots on target in the biggest game of the season. It really does beggar belief really. They were quicker to every ball and maybe that's down to the games we've played and tiredness. But even our set plays were crap and there's no excuse for that because that's where we could have won the game especially if fatigue was an issue tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I honestly don't think our shortcomings were to do with a lack of commitment, desire or fight. We were just knackered, heart in it but the body of all players said 'not today mate'.
    Fully agree. Mind is part of the body too and it’s even more of a mental challenge when you’re also battling for fitness

Hmmm...sounds like scraping the barrel for excuses

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast