+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will someone please put the boot in on Sunday if possible.

Will someone please put the boot in on Sunday if possible.

Having seen how the opposition just tear through our defence unchallenged ,and end up scoring, can one of our team change the mental attitude and do what ever it takes to prevent it happening.? Like all the other Clarets on here, I am fed up of teams looking forward to playing against a Burnley team ,which has often been labelled as “too nice”. So ,as from Sunday, I am asking SD to change the attitude of the players , and to be a bit more “dirty” with their tactics. I know we did well at Old Trafford last season, but with the likes of Pogba, Fernandez and others, able to change a game in the blink of an eye, a rethink is necessary to stop the opposition dictating the game. What are the chances of this happening ? Zero, I expect.

Un crie de coeur. It's ironic as a lot of opposition managers accuse us of being too physical.

Only 5 clubs have committed less fouls than us:- Man City, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal. We have committed 328 in 31 matches and have had 339 committed against us.
    Only 4 teams, Brighton 39, Chelsea 37, Man City 36 and Liverpool 35 have had less than our 40 yellow cards.
    Only Burnley, Leicester, Man City and Liverpool have not received red cards.

However, as chris says, we are accused of being too physical!

I just want the team to be a bit more streetwise and alert for a change. If that means taking one for the team, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I just want the team to be a bit more streetwise and alert for a change. If that means taking one for the team, then so be it.
    Been saying it along time Mal on here we are just not streetwise to be fair BT says it as well , take the card stop the opposition and move on.

It happens twice in Southampton game and could have stopped two goals for them and last week well we all know the result of letting the slimy twinkle toed frioggy that much time and space.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Been saying it along time Mal on here we are just not streetwise to be fair BT says it as well , take the card stop the opposition and move on.

It happens twice in Southampton game and could have stopped two goals for them and last week well we all know the result of letting the slimy twinkle toed frioggy that much time and space.
    I would not half mind that "slimy twinkle toed frioggy" plying his trade with us.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

Problem is you've got to be close enough to someone to drop them, Ben couldn't have dropped Ings if he'd wanted to, no doubt he would if he could, but he lacked the pace. It happens with Ben, if they get in behind him, they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Problem is you've got to be close enough to someone to drop them, Ben couldn't have dropped Ings if he'd wanted to, no doubt he would if he could, but he lacked the pace. It happens with Ben, if they get in behind him, they're gone.
    Ings will no doubt have skinned Mee a hundred times in training, three goals in his last three games against us, tells its own story.

No prediction thread? As I keep predicting draws and we get beat I'm going to predict a man U victory 3-1 so we may draw.

Having seen how the opposition just tear through our defence unchallenged etc etc .

As I see it. All we need is a new coaching staff! Since this 'Corona lark' I am not seeing games just the highlights. All I saw against Newcastle was Maxim ( with the first goal ) Maxim had no way to cross the ball across our defence He just passed it to Newcastle's, unmarked Murphy. Why was he unmarked ? Well, Pieters who I like as a player, in this case, ran forward to help the defence ,not seeing Murphy. Already McNeil and Mee, were blocking Maxim's cross into the goal area, plus Tarks and Lawton were there covering. (5 Burnley players blocking that cross! ) The mistake was with Pieters he left Murphy unmarked. The rest is history.

The 2nd goal ? Maxim was left alone in the center circle as he received the pass from his defence, completely left alone , unmarked, standing with some 7-10 yds distance away from any of our players. In this case Brownhill and Tarks ,why Tarks was nowhere near ?? Then he races towards goal. Maxim, the one Newcastle player we know how dangerous he can be and left completely unmarked? Here Mee could not move in closer he had a player (no 13 ) to cover, on his left. Tarks made a mistake by moving in closer to Maxim, with his right solder facing him. He has to try, no, he has to face Maxim him square on! Then he could block him , or take him out, as some would like. Maxim just turned, Tarks could not really do anything now (his movement, his own momentum is taking him now away from the ball and Maxim )The rest history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)