+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Happy St.George’s Day

Happy St.George’s Day

Name:  853ABA29-1719-4752-9A3C-A20509CB811E.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  13.2 KB

Happy St.George’s Day one and all, 😎

Happy Saint George's Day Minnj and the same to all fellow posters and lurkers alike.

Are we allowed to say this anymore!?

Happy middle aged, white racist day!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Are we allowed to say this anymore!?

Happy middle aged, white racist day!

Let’s just say they won’t be celebrating around Batley!! I bet that weak headmaster has banned the words Saint Georges Day in fear of upsetting some there!

We should do more to celebrate our heritage, prior to the pandemic the Wrest Park stately home near me in Bedfordshire used to have a brilliant St George’s festival loads going on and was great fun, well worth a visit when it’s back on, really good celebration of our history and not at all tub thumping nationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    We should do more to celebrate our heritage, prior to the pandemic the Wrest Park stately home near me in Bedfordshire used to have a brilliant St George’s festival loads going on and was great fun, well worth a visit when it’s back on, really good celebration of our history and not at all tub thumping nationalism.

Totally agree Dave! Lots of things wrong with the USA but love their pride in their nationality and national anthem. I believe the national anthem ( like the USA ) should be played at all our sporting events.

I went to a few Orlando MLS matches with 25000 crowds and the whole grounds stands up ( everyone ) when the national anthem is played.

Personally I agree more should be done to kick racism out of football - in the community and billboards. Taking the knee though before matches in my view sets this back and does more harm than good. At the end of the day if you are a British Citizen you should have pride in the flag and national anthem whether you are black, white, yellow or pink.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)