+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeremy Vine

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Great post Mick - I liked Vine on Radio 2 a few years ago but since he went on TV he has turned into a grade A tosser, made a right fool of himself here - it's a funeral, not a recruitment campaign, should hang his head in shame. The BBC reported Elon Musk's SpaceX company has been selected by NASA for future lunar missions, part of which is to land the first person of colour on the moon. Wokery at it's finest, so much for character and capability making you the best person for the job.
    I felt the same when I heard about Biden stating that there would be a person of colour and a woman landing on the moon.

Much as I didn’t like Trump I have to say there’s something deeply unlikeable about Biden and the bloke is a bandwagon jumper of the highest order.

With a task as difficult as flying and landing on the moon it doesn’t matter if it’s 20 black people, 20 women, 20 white blokes or 20 chimpanzees that make up the elite......it has to be the BEST 20 people.......end of!!

Tokenism had a bad effect on moral in any team, there’s nothing worse than being involved in a team that’s been subject to a “box ticking” scenario.

During my final period working at Dunlop Sports in 96-97 this sort of thing was just starting to happen and our Sales Director decided to employ the first ever female U.K. Sales Manager to run our team.

No experience of the sports trade either, it was a total disaster, the seven strong male sales team of which I was part was such a strong and long term unit that we just completely ignored her because she was clueless, we ran her absolutely ragged, in truth we made her life a misery but not for the sake of it but because she’s was completely out of her depth!

As for Biden......

Dithering old t w a t.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I felt the same when I heard about Biden stating that there would be a person of colour and a woman landing on the moon.

Much as I didn’t like Trump I have to say there’s something deeply unlikeable about Biden and the bloke is a bandwagon jumper of the highest order.

With a task as difficult as flying and landing on the moon it doesn’t matter if it’s 20 black people, 20 women, 20 white blokes or 20 chimpanzees that make up the elite......it has to be the BEST 20 people.......end of!!

Tokenism had a bad effect on moral in any team, there’s nothing worse than being involved in a team that’s been subject to a “box ticking” scenario.

During my final period working at Dunlop Sports in 96-97 this sort of thing was just starting to happen and our Sales Director decided to employ the first ever female U.K. Sales Manager to run our team.

No experience of the sports trade either, it was a total disaster, the seven strong male sales team of which I was part was such a strong and long term unit that we just completely ignored her because she was clueless, we ran her absolutely ragged, in truth we made her life a misery but not for the sake of it but because she’s was completely out of her depth!

As for Biden......

Dithering old t w a t.

Should not have been allowed to take office at that age - crazy! Harris should take over and she’s one sharp cookie!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Should not have been allowed to take office at that age - crazy! Harris should take over and she’s one sharp cookie!
    Pretty good odds that she will. That would go down well with the Trumpites.

As for Biden......

Dithering old t w a t.
    Do you think anyone will land on the Moon in our lifetimes?😉

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Do you think anyone will land on the Moon in our lifetimes?😉
    I know your theories on this subject Des🤔😆

The fact that there’s more computing power in today’s laptops than in the Apollo rockets doesn’t mean that the 70’s moon landings didn’t happen though.

Columbus didn’t have radar or a sat nav in the 1500’s........as long as you have the rocket power to break earth’s gravity and a fuel source to blast off from the moon ( which doesn’t take much ) then the rest is mathematics and geometry.

Elon Musk and Spacex are very open and publicity seeking and have shown the world their failures as well as their successes.

Musk is a rather strange bloke but certainly a visionary and a genius.

I do believe that his technology will get men to Mars within the next 15 years and that we’ll certainly be on the Moon again by 2024.

Non of the other super power nations want the USA to be winning these races and in this day and age it’ll be easy for them to prove that a “landing” was fake.

We need to be careful with Mars though......we wouldn’t want them bringing back any strange virus that caused us a load of hassle!

I know your theories on this subject Des🤔😆

The fact that there’s more computing power in today’s laptops than in the Apollo rockets doesn’t mean that the 70’s moon landings didn’t happen though.

Columbus didn’t have radar or a sat nav in the 1500’s........as long as you have the rocket power to break earth’s gravity and a fuel source to blast off from the moon ( which doesn’t take much ) then the rest is mathematics and geometry.

Elon Musk and Spacex are very open and publicity seeking and have shown the world their failures as well as their successes.

Musk is a rather strange bloke but certainly a visionary and a genius.

I do believe that his technology will get men to Mars within the next 15 years and that we’ll certainly be on the Moon again by 2024.

Non of the other super power nations want the USA to be winning these races and in this day and age it’ll be easy for them to prove that a “landing” was fake.

We need to be careful with Mars though......we wouldn’t want them bringing back any strange virus that caused us a load of hassle!

But we have an open door policy! The Indian Variant must be a figment of imagination as no quarantining from that destination!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    But we have an open door policy! The Indian Variant must be a figment of imagination as no quarantining from that destination!
    Exactly what I said to some mates today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)