+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical question from a friend about Mark Robins.

So when the 2 games in hand are played Rotherham could be on level points with Coventry with a better goal difference,and above them... But yet Robins is a tactical genius.. and Warne is just a nice bloke fitness coach .... You could put Pep in charge ,,sir Alex .. it wouldn't make Rotherham any better... we can only do what we do with the money we have .. put warne in the manchester city job .. and he won't be far off ... its about money... money gets you the best house. The best car. The best holidays .. the best football players .. the journey our football team has been on over the last 12 years under TS as been fantastic and long may it continue.. league one we will be baning on the door.. championship we will be struggling .. whether its pep. Warne .. Robins ..Sir Alex .. Jose.. who ever is in charge....

No move on...

Maybe Pep, Sir Alex and Jose wouldn't be able to make us any better but Neil and Kevin Blackwell certainly did.
    Significantly better
    They took us from the bottom of the form table to the top of it

The Manager at Barnsley has done the same.
    It can be done.

With regard to Robins , he has had significantly more resources than PW so he should do a lot better.
    Robins signed 2 or 3 players very early on in the summer for £1-2m and with that comes high salaries of perhaps £12-15K a week.
    Chalk and cheese in terms of resources available to the two Managers in question

Stupid question. And no.

Robins would just **** off to another club after a bit of gardening leave.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    oh ye of little faith, Warne will still keep us up but I think we have to appreciate, with his experience, Robins has a touch more nouse than Warne.
    Maybe go and get Ronnie back if you think experience is all we need to be a success in this league. We need quality, quality we can rarely afford.

I can't believe some of the stuff on here. Tony Stewart has worked wonders. In fact, though it's rarely mentioned, there are parallels with Moses and Exodus. Led from bondage (Booths, Millmoor), years in the wilderness (DVS) then the Promised Land (NYS). I wouldn't be surprised to find that as a baby TS floated down the Don in a wicker basket. And PW has shown loyalty. LOYALTY. I know for a fact he was head-hunted as assistant manager at Alfreton Town and turned it down to stay with the Millers. Some guy!

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I can't believe some of the stuff on here. Tony Stewart has worked wonders. In fact, though it's rarely mentioned, there are parallels with Moses and Exodus. Led from bondage (Booths, Millmoor), years in the wilderness (DVS) then the Promised Land (NYS). I wouldn't be surprised to find that as a baby TS floated down the Don in a wicker basket. And PW has shown loyalty. LOYALTY. I know for a fact he was head-hunted as assistant manager at Alfreton Town and turned it down to stay with the Millers. Some guy!
    That last bit could have cost me our bet that one day he would manage at a higher level. I see PH is already proving his worth at Grimsby.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Robins he's put a better side together than we have. From start of the season getting his own players in yes he'd have kept us up.
    If he's got a betterside, and got in all the players he wanted, why is he doing no better than PW?

He took quite a bit of criticism early on for signing 2 L wing backs on loan, only one of which could play.

There's a lot of prejudice against PW because he used to be a cleaning lady or masseur or something. Give the guy a break. After all Hitler was a bad painter and Stalin was a milkman and they both came good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast