+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Forfar Away

Quote Originally Posted by Arabgee View Post
    Hope MM doesn’t come away with the excuse that “We are still learning at this level “ !!!!
    I guarantee you he'll say these are hard places to come to.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I guarantee you he'll say these are hard places to come to.
    Seemingly not lol.
    Looks raging though.

Only one positive - getting through. Lucky we were playing Forfar, dont think we were ever not going to get through, and dont think Mellon's selection/tactics helped tonight, but jeez we are woeful/a chore to watching.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Hard to argue with that .
    Criticism of Mellon is not welcome on here.
    Forfar are bottom of the league and only won 2 games and we can’t impose ourselves on them.
    He'll be criticised when it's deserved. You realise we're safe in the league and in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by North_Coast_Arab View Post
    I think this has been the worst season I have witnessed as far as Entertainment, creating chances / excitement etc.. that I can remember. I was however going on the assumption that this was to save our position in the Big league. Which I will give credit for but to not have chances against a side struggling two leagues below us is woeful.

We have absolutely no creativity in midfield and that is not wholly MM fault. It is the hand he has been given. That is the area of the pitch we badly need to strengthen. He has made us solid in defence (1 goal conceded in 5 games). He cant magic creativity though.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    We have absolutely no creativity in midfield and that is not wholly MM fault. It is the hand he has been given. That is the area of the pitch we badly need to strengthen.
    100%. Why people can't see that 50% of these players aren't good enough at this level is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    We have absolutely no creativity in midfield and that is not wholly MM fault. It is the hand he has been given. That is the area of the pitch we badly need to strengthen. He has made us solid in defence (1 goal conceded in 5 games). He cant magic creativity though.
    I agree with what your saying but give some of the young guys a shout as the "Established" midfielders aren't up to playing passes to the forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by JJA22flup View Post
    He'll be criticised when it's deserved. You realise we're safe in the league and in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup yeah?
    Yes I do realise that but don’t think he’s the super manager that some people think.
    Apologies for having an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Coast_Arab View Post
    I agree with what your saying but give some of the young guys a shout as the "Established" midfielders aren't up to playing passes to the forwards.
    . Totally agreed. Giving the younger players a chance has to be the way forward as what we have had to put up with in the midfield this season had been atrocious. No one has been able to make that telling pass to open teams up. No creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Yes I do realise that but don’t think he’s the super manager that some people think.
    Apologies for having an opinion.
    Eh? Nobody's stopping you from having an opinion but I don't recall anyone saying he is a 'super manager'.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)