+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Forfar Away

Quote Originally Posted by JJA22flup View Post
    I think we'll struggle with these players. I will leave my judgement on the manager until he gets some money and the chance to put his own team together.
    I think we have different opinions on the manager which is fine.
    I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tijuanataxi View Post
    YIP.Worrying times.Ihave been worried since april or may last year.
    Give him a decent ball, he will score. Body language recently is saying he isn't happy at all with ammo or the job he is being asked to do. Shame really, he can destroy a team with the correct tactics. (he did us)

Positions opening up in the Scotland squad, he must have an eye on that. It's a hard one to call, he seems happy enough in interviews, but, that can just be soundbites. He can't be happy playing up top in this side.

Benji & Shanks to go methinks. Fair enough, there is a lot we can do with 20 million

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Give him a decent ball, he will score. Body language recently is saying he isn't happy at all with ammo or the job he is being asked to do. Shame really, he can destroy a team with the correct tactics. (he did us)

Positions opening up in the Scotland squad, he must have an eye on that. It's a hard one to call, he seems happy enough in interviews, but, that can just be soundbites. He can't be happy playing up top in this side.

Benji & Shanks to go methinks. Fair enough, there is a lot we can do with 20 million
    Sorry i was not meaning shankland leaving.Imeant us having a club to support.Due to covid.

Thought the BBC were a joke tonight with their portrayal of the game, so negative and made you think we were worse than we actually were, not sayng we were great but we were comfortable and improved as it went on, on a crap plastic pitch with no fans etc with all pressure on us, we got the job done and that was the main thing

Make sure we got to the last 8, which is next weekend... be difficult whoever it is away from home to Livi or the sheep, but we will be better than tonight, won't be an easy tie for our opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not seeing any poster saying MM is a "super manager" folk just saying he is doing the best with the hand he has been given.

No need to apologies either for having an opinion, that is the whole point of posting on any forum.

In saying that, reading your last few posts, I think we can safely say that your opinion of MM is not very high at all.

He has his faults , like any manager, and I'm not over the moon with some of his tactics and selections , but.... SPL next season and quarter finals this one, not too shabby at all for his first go.
    You’re correct twice.
    I used the super manager because some posters respond to criticism of Mellon with ‘kept us up with championship squad’. Head in sand.
    And I don’t have a high opinion of Mellon. For me he’s just been lucky with games where we stole points after being outplayed. Hibs and Motherwell for example.
    I want to be wrong but don’t think I will be.
    Just as a side issue. After the Celtic game he said it didn’t matter that they had 29 chances because they didn’t score. And that we deserved to win.

Unfurle .the Oriflamme.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    You’re correct twice.
    I used the super manager because some posters respond to criticism of Mellon with ‘kept us up with championship squad’. Head in sand.
    And I don’t have a high opinion of Mellon. For me he’s just been lucky with games where we stole points after being outplayed. Hibs and Motherwell for example.
    I want to be wrong but don’t think I will be.
    Just as a side issue. After the Celtic game he said it didn’t matter that they had 29 chances because they didn’t score. And that we deserved to win.
    Well , that's a first for me (don't tell the wife)

I can see ,and agree, with your points. Lets just see how things go, things could be a lot worse.

Not just Utd but all the rest of the teams have to waken up. Surviving is not enough.
    I don't support Utd because the Trophy Cabinet is crowded. I've been to over 400 Utd games from John O Groats, Tannadice and away games. I leave either happy or disappointed. Either result I do it because it's Entertaining. Argument could be made because of lack of crowd but this season has been dire. I'm not calling for Sackings as we are in the Premier league and Solvent, Job done but please now that we're safe try and play football and entertain. Sorry for rant but disillusioned with the style of play

It was dire to watch again and why MM continues starting McNulty and playing Clark behind shanks even against Forfar is a head scratcher! That said we are through to the quarters and safe in prem. Next season will be totally different. I think both benji and shanks will go so changes will have to be made, and hopefully the side will be strengthened not only in those positions but midfield wide and at the back too.

Quote Originally Posted by JJA22flup View Post
    100%. Why people can't see that 50% of these players aren't good enough at this level is beyond me.
    League One level? Our players are better than that. That was horrendous last night. For 30 mins we were under the cosh by a team sat at the bottom of League One and it didn't get much better, let's be honest. MM continuing with the three strikers that hasn't worked all season. Why? That's his decision and he has to take responsibility for setting us up in a way that we are unable to play. Yes, the players aren't good enough for the Premiership and he's done a great job getting us where we are, but he isnt devoid of criticism last night. We should've been up for that game, motivated, in their faces, pressing the ball and attacking in waves but we weren't. It was Forfar who were doing most of that to us!!! It was the turgid stuff we watched last season under Neilson. The sooner McNulty is away the better as the manager simply doesn't seem to think he's droppable. No idea what he sees in the boy. It'll hopefully stop the manager making this stupid f*cking decision to play three strikers in a formation that doesn't work.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)