+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2021

Much laughter down south last time because the SNP had lost their overall majority.
    The truth is, of course, that the voting system was designed to make sure there couldn’t be an overall majority.
    The fact that the SNP managed one and are looking to do so again is incredible.

If the voting system was the same as westminster’s ridiculous winner takes all version, the last result would have been as follows.

SNP - 59
    Tory - 7
    LIB - 4
    LAB - 3
    Green - 0

However the system meant the list vote recognised votes cast for the losers in the constituencies, and seats were awarded as follows.

Tory - 24
    Labour- 21
    Green - 6
    SNP - 4
    LIB - 1 ( I might have that one wrong, either that or the Liberals really are f’ucked)

Anyway, complicated as it may seem to our mentally challenged neighbours down south it means that the actual voters of Scotland are more represented.

For the purposes of independence though it means that an SNP/SNP vote is a bit of a waste.

Without presuming to tell anyone how to vote, my suggestion to the independence minded voter would be to choose one of the “losers” in the list vote.

Edit : The Scottish Family Party sound nice, I wonder if they’ve based in Westhill and are opposed to football stadiums.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 17-04-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Cheers daft, proper mannies explanation.

Having 2 votes is stupid, are there any other countries that have that?

Well, the first one I checked up on was Germany and they do a two vote system.
    I can't be arsed checking any more because there would be no persuading you that the English system wasn't best anyway.

You can't have first past the post when there are only 129 seats, but there are plenty of versions of proportional representation with one vote.

Yip.

Lots of systems.

All better than First Past the Post.

We can look at it again when we're safely back in the EU

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Well, the first one I checked up on was Germany and they do a two vote system.
    I can't be arsed checking any more because there would be no persuading you that the English system wasn't best anyway.

The Jambo *** pests Scab Party seems to be doing the trick. Swing to the unionists.

Slow hand clap for everyone involved. Fantastic stuff

Scots will always vote for the union.

They really do believe that they couldn’t manage without the english

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Scots will always vote for the union.

They really do believe that they couldn’t manage without the english
    There were 40 odd polls in a row suggesting they would, until the Porridge Incel Party got involved

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast