+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magic and Sandy Contrast Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Can't get my head round this one. A manager that insists that a game is not a "Must win" when it most definitely is/was (as todays current scores imply) Nah mate. EVERY GAME should be treated as a must win. Loser mentality. That's why Queens are currently sliding down the league again.

total sham this just exposes queens board on there ambitions offering 2 year contracts too a management team that have won zero and looking like thay are masterminding a relegation survival lol ,that shows zero ambition for me
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 19-04-2021 at 07:03 PM.

i reckon majic has a half decent squad since january ,but its obvious a higher quality of playing squad is needed ,so i can forgive majic to some extent but should still have had that current crop sitting in about 4rth spot ,so over to you billy hewitson and co lets see some upgrades to the first team squad for next season .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i reckon majic has a half decent squad since january ,but its obvious a higher quality of playing squad is needed ,so i can forgive majic to some extent but should still have had that current crop sitting in about 4rth spot ,so over to you billy hewitson and co lets see some upgrades to the first team squad for next season .
    By signing these contracts you would hope that they have been given assurances that at a minimum we will keep hold of the current playing staff giving them some sort of foundation to build from next season with some loans and additional like for like signings based on what they have seen through the season.

Realistically I don't see there being any further investment next season and we will probably find ourselves in a similar position with a skeleton squad and having to pick up out of contract players like many other teams. As I mentioned at the beginning of the season the main aim for me (especially with Hearts in the league) was just to get through it and I think next season will be the same.

As you right say it is now over to the Board who need to be transparent about their approach for the next couple of seasons.

Morton now 4 points behind Queens after their 0-0 draw at home to Hearts this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Morton now 4 points behind Queens after their 0-0 draw at home to Hearts this evening.
    Queens will hopefully win on Saturday at Ayr to get them out of the relegation play-off equation.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    By signing these contracts you would hope that they have been given assurances that at a minimum we will keep hold of the current playing staff giving them some sort of foundation to build from next season with some loans and additional like for like signings based on what they have seen through the season.

Realistically I don't see there being any further investment next season and we will probably find ourselves in a similar position with a skeleton squad and having to pick up out of contract players like many other teams. As I mentioned at the beginning of the season the main aim for me (especially with Hearts in the league) was just to get through it and I think next season will be the same.

As you right say it is now over to the Board who need to be transparent about their approach for the next couple of seasons.

i want to see the queens board release a statement highlighting queens ambitions for this season ,get it all upfront for all fans to see there intentions ,if there intentions are to try for promotion give the manager the budgets needed for a promotion push ,dont expect aj and co to be able to mount a challenge on a relegation budget ,if thay say queens intentions are merely to survive in the championship state it up front this way the fans can understand the team operating as one of the smaller budgets in the league ,transparency is the key to having all fans pulling in same direction ,i read a statement posted on here during this season saying the queens boards ambitions were always to challenge for promotion ,i just laughed when i read it as chances of promotion were so limited with having the second or 3rd smallest budgets in the league ,lets not be delusional this time board and say it how it is if you want to challenge give aj the ammo if not state your other ambitions for season .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i want to see the queens board release a statement highlighting queens ambitions for this season ,get it all upfront for all fans to see there intentions ,if there intentions are to try for promotion give the manager the budgets needed for a promotion push ,dont expect aj and co to be able to mount a challenge on a relegation budget ,if thay say queens intentions are merely to survive in the championship state it up front this way the fans can understand the team operating as one of the smaller budgets in the league ,transparency is the key to having all fans pulling in same direction ,i read a statement posted on here during this season saying the queens boards ambitions were always to challenge for promotion ,i just laughed when i read it as chances of promotion were so limited with having the second or 3rd smallest budgets in the league ,lets not be delusional this time board and say it how it is if you want to challenge give aj the ammo if not state your other ambitions for season .
    Change the record Dougal.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Change the record Dougal.

hay johnny whats wrong with what iv said ,i think its only common sense ,only asking the board to state there intention ,ambitions for the season and explain how thay see the budget thay give the manager ,things every football fan should hear from there boards before a season campaign .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)