+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coventry City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    2-0 up at home against Dirty Leeds was the one that did me Pass and ended up losing 3-2 .

Feckin hell , we played bloody well too .

Absolutely gutted I was .

Aye it was a killer that one. Pyssing it darn heavily throughout, a wo sat in west lower just behind away dug art, wid bin giving George Graham stick throughout and when they scored winner he just turned to us wi a smug smile on his boat.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Aye it was a killer that one. Pyssing it darn heavily throughout, a wo sat in west lower just behind away dug art, wid bin giving George Graham stick throughout and when they scored winner he just turned to us wi a smug smile on his boat.

Andy Liddell had one headed off the line just in to the second half which would have made it 3-0 .

Once Leeds got one back it was a different game , you could see it coming .

We just weren't quite good enough to see PL games out were we ?

Andy Liddell had one headed off the line just in to the second half which would have made it 3-0 .

Not all game's Animal , second afe at Anfield lasted a fottnit we held art, Villa away same , we would have beaten Scousers darn here too if it weren't for that ■■■■ reffin

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Not all game's Animal , second afe at Anfield lasted a fottnit we held art, Villa away same , we would have beaten Scousers darn here too if it weren't for that ■■■■ reffin
    True , we had our moments Roma and we gave it a good go .

Other than Ward and Barnard the recruitment was poor I thought and I do believe if we'd have brought in some real PL experience that year we'd have survived comfortably .

True. We learned certain aspects of Premiership football as the season went on and became more competitive and stopped admiring the opposition. We certainly became a more physical team but we lacked the experience to get the job done and get the points our play deserved.

Once tha able to grasp the nettle at that level, tha then realizes that we weren't totally out of our depth. The first half of the season compared to the second were like chalk and cheese. In the second half of the season we were going into the games full of belief that we could get summat. It's an unforgiving place though is the Premiership.

I look at De Zeeuw as a great example of a player who struggled with us initially in the Premier. However, he learned a lot and went on to be a very solid top flight player.

I reckon these boys (should we get promotion) will more than likely experience the same difficulties as the class of '97 did. This time though we already have a toughness and physicality about us and an head coach who has had a playing career at top level across Europe.

Name:  0CE58D04-8AE8-485C-A27D-0B9ED1B41F29.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  18.2 KB

Still no Kane.

True , we had our moments Roma and we gave it a good go .

Other than Ward and Barnard the recruitment was poor I thought and I do believe if we'd have brought in some real PL experience that year we'd have survived comfortably .
    Gary Willard.

The wazzak!

Fecking big game is this , my ass hole is twitching like a rabbit's noooze .

C'mon boys , three more points today and we've one foot firmly planted in the play offs .

They’re set matching us man for man and already a goal down.

We look like 11 men who have just met

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast