+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Coventry City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

We’re being beaten by our own tactics Jules they’re not giving us an inch, let’s hope Val can do something about it at half time

Terrible first half all poor but my god Palmer is slow to every ball, slow to pass and when challenging for headers just jumps into the player (every time)!
    He needs to be replaced second half by Halme and possibly Morris for Woodrow!

Agree...That was a shocking first half. Worst performance for ages.... aimless kicks forward, looked “lazy”
    Hope for a better second half

Their goal can be attributed to Mads.
    Heads it out into touch and then decides to have a leisurely stroll back towards our 18 yard line ....... leaving a massive hole in our defence.
    POOR ....... very poor 1st half.

Way way off the pace but credit to Coventry for the way they've set up .

We have to be much better , which wouldn't be difficult to be honest .

His first few games I thought Palmer looked OK but I think the lad isn’t quite ready for starting every game and needs a rest.
    Our trouble is we haven’t too many options in midfield and its a pity Kane is out.

At this stage I’d sacrifice one of the back three and bring Williams on to free up Style. The first time Style gets a run down the middle of the pitch produces what I think is our first effort on goal.

Terrible performance the worst I’ve seen for a long time, all of them without exception looked tired and off the pace.

Shocking performance today. Shocking. Devoid of ideas. ..... we deserved nothing today.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Terrible performance the worst I’ve seen for a long time, all of them without exception looked tired and off the pace.
    My thoughts too Perky , never got going at all , serious lack of creativity and far too many of our players just weren't at the races today .

Dust ourselves down and move on to Huddersfield on Wednesday night which looks increasingly like another difficult game given their win at Forest yesterday .

Still very much in our own hands and let's hope this was simply just one of those days that can happen rather than us blowing up at such a pivotal stage in the season .

I reckon Wednesday night will tell us where this season is going personally .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast