+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Coventry City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

So it's a visit to another of our less than historically happy hunting grounds , that said this fixture is taking place at St Andrews where we have already won this season .

City are fighting for their Championship lives and no doubt Robins will have his troops organised and well prepared for tomorrow's game .

Robins always struck me as a cautious type when he managed us and I suspect he'll play a tight and cagey game tomorrow .

He'd take a point tomorrow if offered before KO of that I'm fairly certain .

Robins is also the exact type of manager who will play the game rather than be influenced his team are at home .

What I mean by that is he won't be afraid to play the way we've found opposition teams playing at Oakwell in order to nullify us .

There's a significant reason our away record is so impressive and that's because the home teams believe they have to play their normal game .

Tomorrow I suspect it will be different .

To tell the truth a point will do me tomorrow too and maintain that five point gap over Reading with four games to play .

On the other hand a win tomorrow and I believe we are home and dry and the only question is which play off place we will finish .

Voodoo team, we nivver win at Coventry. However, wiv expelled a few demons this season and Coventry, like the others who had previously had a hold on us will be dispatched on Sunday.

A very good coach is Robins and he’s done an excellent job at Coventry since he took over.
    I’d settle for point right now.

Mark Robins Post Match Comments:

“I think that you’ve got to try take the positivity that came from the game against Rotherham into this game and it’s a different challenge again, because they’re a different type of side.

“They give you not a minute’s peace so they’re very similar, you know they try and utilise space behind you they try and put pressure on you, they’ll try and run.

“It’ll be a very similar type of game where we have to work, and we have to be mindful of how and where we play and if we can create any chances to pass the ball then great.”

“They’ll be all over us, we’ve got to expect the press, probably the best press in the league different than anything else and if you can beat the first press then you’ve got a chance to get at their back four back three, playing three with two good wing backs.

“So, we need to really study them, but we know we’ve got to give them as difficult a game that we gave Rotherham tonight.

“To earn any point, you know you have to work hard to get it and going into the game against Barnsley it’s better to go into it off the back of a win, but likewise we’ve still got a lot of football to play yet.

“We have to look at how we recover and availability of players and do the same sort of thing again because we have to stand up and be counted again against a team that are tough to play against.”

I can't see us getting more than 3 pts from next three hard game's , will 3 draws be enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I can't see us getting more than 3 pts from next three hard game's , will 3 draws be enough ?
    Depends entirely on what Reading do I guess Roma .

That's true Animal , i get the impression some think it's now a formality we get in the play offs , I've gone far too long to know different , I'm hoping for play offs at least , but let's not underestimate Reading etc , if we are good enough over the next few games , we will get there , expect the normal upsets in some game's , this week may decide our outcome , whatever happens , it's been good for a change that we haven't been facing the Drop , Forza Di Reds UTFLWG ,

That's true Animal , i get the impression some think it's now a formality we get in the play offs , I've gone far too long to know different , I'm hoping for play offs at least , but let's not underestimate Reading etc , if we are good enough over the next few games , we will get there , expect the normal upsets in some game's , this week may decide our outcome , whatever happens , it's been good for a change that we haven't been facing the Drop , Forza Di Reds UTFLWG ,
    We lose tomorrow and on Wednesday night at Huddersfield which could conceivably happen and Reading beat Luton then it doesn't look too great .

That said I think if we can win tomorrow it would finish Reading off .

Overhauling a 7 point gap with four games to go and similar goal differences would be extremely difficult in my opinion especially given the games they have left , going to Carrow Road is difficult at the best of times going there knowing a draw ain't good enough is something else .

You can never discount anything in the championship and I'll rest far easier when it's mathematically done and dusted .

Nottingham Forest managed to feck it up last season .

And if we made the Play Offs ? Who would you fancy ? For me Brentford in the semi's then a final with Bornmuff , owt could happen if that we're the case ,,

And if we made the Play Offs ? Who would you fancy ? For me Brentford in the semi's then a final with Bornmuff , owt could happen if that we're the case ,,
    We need to finish 5th or 6th in my opinion so that we have the pivotal second leg away from home where in my opinion our style of play is massively more effective .

Keep the home leg tight , a draw would be fine by me .

We have to avoid Bournemouth over two legs for me , they'll have too much for us in my opinion over two games .

A one off final against Bournemouth at Wembley is however a totally different ball game .

Swansea or Brentford ?

To be honest either is fine by me just as long as we play the second leg away .

If we make the playoffs then I for one will be satisfied and not bothered what happens after that.
    As for the playoffs - whoever beats Bornmuf will go up.
    Cos I can’t see any one in the playoffs beating them (although BIG Val will).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast