+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 17.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    With Wooters, Knowlsey and Knight in the team, there is deffo goals there.
    Hope so. Just a bit concerned that benching Ellis has removed our main goal threat.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    With Wooters, Knowlsey and Knight in the team, there is deffo goals there. Question is, will we get the ball that far up the pitch?
    Not sure why we need O'Brien and Doyle on the bench, with no Rodrigues. Griffiths in again, hasn't done anything as far as I can see. We need either Enzio or Rodrigues in the team. At the back he's left out Ellis who I think has been not only our best defender but also looked most likely to score.

But I will stick with my prediction of 2 - 0

I like the 3-4-3 formation as a plan going forward.

Kelly-Evans and Chicksen both have good energy to get up and down, and it means the two front players either side of Wootton can play as genuine supporting/inside forwards rather than having to concentrate too much on tracking back. Overall, it suits the players we have on the pitch today and in reserve. My concern would be whether the personnel in the two-man midfield are good enough to win that battle (Bishop & Ravenhill they ain't), and if not, then that's where the summer recruitment will have to be especially effective.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Not sure why we need O'Brien and Doyle on the bench, with no Rodrigues.
    That's my worry, especially with another CB on the bench. If we fall behind we only have one player on the bench likely to get a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Not sure why we need O'Brien and Doyle on the bench, with no Rodrigues. Griffiths in again, hasn't done anything as far as I can see. We need either Enzio or Rodrigues in the team. At the back he's left out Ellis who I think has been not only our best defender but also looked most likely to score.

But I will stick with my prediction of 2 - 0
    Here's hoping that Ellis, Enzio and Rodrigues are on the "keep" list already....

Interesting interview from IB speaking of the good form that Wootton is in. I would only say it's been average at best.

Kings Lynn ahead at Halifax 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Kings Lynn ahead at Halifax 1-0
    First sitter of the day missed.

Halifax 0-2 Kings Lynn now!

Has Ardley been reappointed?!!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast