+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 17.04.21 [NL]

It's pretty clear he's lost the dressing room already. Going to be a slog to the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    It's pretty clear he's lost the dressing room already. Going to be a slog to the end of the season.
    I dread to think what will happen when the fans return. This could easily turn into a Jamie Fullabob rerun.

I wouldn’t place that much significance on what Burchnall (or any manager) says after the game, at least not this early. He’s got a squad with extremely fragile confidence which needs to try and get in the play-offs, he isn’t going to come out and say they’re terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I get that. He could easily have said ‘these players are better than that performance and it’s up to me to make them believe that’. He has basically provided a bench Mark of what is acceptable, and it’s way below what I believe is acceptable.
    I agree with you 100% I’d much rather the days of Clough SR and Warnock saying it how it is. The problem is, in this day and age it’s very hard to find players that will react positively to that.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The Broz might well have a plan, might well want to introduce a new ethos, playing style , recruitment model .
    Are you sure Gump, don't you think they might just be winging it like the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I wouldn’t place that much significance on what Burchnall (or any manager) says after the game, at least not this early.
    He's not going to gain the respect of the fans if he tells us that "we controlled the game" when it was plain for all to see that Eastleigh controlled the game. It's not a good idea to treat your supporters as stupid.

Some interesting points have been made post match.

Agree with Kyle you are dead in the water if you lose the dressing room.

His interviews especially post match have been very good until today but that will be due to disappointment of the game and pressure it raises, the usual reason we've seen past managers give.

Finally the scenario of game after game after game, limited time on the training pitch combined with it being a new squad (& manager for the players) and him wanting to experiment we can't be too surprised that there has been a downturn in results.

Short term I'm very confident we would have been better placed this evening but it's all about the longer term.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    The players and IB need to have a good think tonight about their own personal pride.
    Especially the players because that could be justifiably aimed at them many times this season already, well before the change of manager.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

His interviews especially post match have been very good until today but that will be due to disappointment of the game and pressure it raises, the usual reason we've seen past managers give.

Finally the scenario of game after game after game, limited time on the training pitch combined with it being a new squad (& manager for the players) and him wanting to experiment we can't be too surprised that there has been a downturn in results.

Short term I'm very confident we would have been better placed this evening but it's all about the longer term.
    If you lose the dressing room I agree you are in a bad place.

But if you let them rule you are also in a bad place.

And as Elite said, there's the supporters to keep on side too!

This football management is so easy!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

I get that he wants to try different things but **** me, putting that side out today was a disaster. It was called before that we would struggle to create, and we did.
    Why on earth would you play so many players that have zero creativity and THEN flood the bench with the same types of player.
    Shocking team selection got exactly the performance that was expected.
    IB is useless.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast