+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 17.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The frightening thing about today is IB thinks THAT performance is acceptable.

What message is that sending out to the players?

The message it sends me is ‘I have no clue what I am doing, but I want to keep the players happy’.

IB out.
    Being a young coach myself i can tell you the harsh reality is you have to keep your players on side. That means unfortunately you brush their egos and tell them how great they are. The players can make or break you, if they don't want to play for you they won't, but it will be you who loses your job. I have had the pleasure of doing sessions with the Cowley brothers, and they both said to me the worst thing you can do is lose the dressing room. Once that happens you're done, managers now are judged on their man management skills as well as the trophies they could bring.

I’ve been ok with IB’s interviews until today but that was poor. Nothing about today’s performance was satisfactory. Eastleigh were an average side but they came and did exactly the same as a number of teams have done previously this season.
    There’s just no intensity in our play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Being a young coach myself i can tell you the harsh reality is you have to keep your players on side. That means unfortunately you brush their egos and tell them how great they are. The players can make or break you, if they don't want to play for you they won't, but it will be you who loses your job. I have had the pleasure of doing sessions with the Cowley brothers, and they both said to me the worst thing you can do is lose the dressing room. Once that happens you're done, managers now are judged on their man management skills as well as the trophies they could bring.
    I get that. He could easily have said ‘these players are better than that performance and it’s up to me to make them believe that’. He has basically provided a bench Mark of what is acceptable, and it’s way below what I believe is acceptable.

Hard to be positive after that, ****ing inept and a disgrace to the club.

In that case IB is doomed, they don't believe in him, they won't suddenly believe in him, he won't get to replace twenty five players in the summer.

The players and IB need to have a good think tonight about their own personal pride.

The Broz might well have a plan, might well want to introduce a new ethos, playing style , recruitment model but unless they understand that the primary objective of this club for each and every season is a return to the FL, then I'm afraid they've made their first major error.

Not the way Forest won the Eurovision cup though, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I get that. He could easily have said ‘these players are better than that performance and it’s up to me to make them believe that’. He has basically provided a bench Mark of what is acceptable, and it’s way below what I believe is acceptable.
    It is modern manager speak you hear it from all managers even the very best.

Obviously in the days of Clough or Warnock they would have been told in no uncertain terms what is and is not acceptable.

He made his statement I guess by leaving three players out of the squad and in the stands but he can’t drop them all he needs eleven on the pitch !

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    Awful post match interview, still thinks we were better team, its Eastleigh ffs. Slating players that were dropped.

Already dont like him
    Copy that.
    I think he had a duty to the club to maximise our promotion chances - and he'd learn more from doing that than the farce he's overseeing instead. And didn't he say he'd spent time watching us on video.....he should've known who our best players/formations were...

I'll go further, his approach of 'blank slate, you have to impress me in training' is selfish and egotistical given that he employed by a club that should be hell-bent on taking any chance there is to GET OUT OF NON-LEAGUE. That would mean cajoling and motivating our best players and devising schemes to help them succeed.
    He could have proven his point/stuck to his principles, whatever the hell it is he is doing, another time, not kill off our chances by playing the big man

And actually I think there could be a dose of courting favour with the majority going on, easier to marginalise the younger foreign lads, how else to you end up picking JOB over Rodrigues? Beats me

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast