+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 17.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Ever thought thats why Ruben has been left out the squad today ?????
    Think about it?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Ever thought thats why Ruben has been left out the squad today ?????
    Think about it?
    Disgusted Rodriguez was left out yet again.
    Sorry to state the obvious we’ve another Jamie Fullerton in charge now and we’ll be lucky to finish mid table.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Disgusted Rodriguez was left out yet again.
    Sorry to state the obvious we’ve another Jamie Fullerton in charge now and we’ll be lucky to finish mid table.
    Me too. I saw a comment on Twitter when the team was announced which amused me. It simply said 'Has Ruben killed somebody?'

We are living in strange times as Notts fans. Mind you, aren't we always?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Based on results alone, he's had the 3rd worst six game start since Gary Mills. Only Moniz (5 pts) and Ardley (4 pts) gained fewer points from their first possible 18.
    Sam Allardyce took 2 points from his first 6 games, and only 5 points in total from his first 16 games. He had to wait two-and-a-half months for his first win, away at York City. This of course does not indicate that Ian Burchnall will end up being as successful as Sam Allardyce (he would have to go some!) but it does show that you can't judge a manager on their initial impact, or lack of it. This applies even more so in IB's case, because I doubt any other new manager in modern Notts County history has had less time on the training pitch with his players than the current one, given the exceptional circumstances of this season.
    Last edited by jackal2; 17-04-2021 at 04:31 PM.

No other new manager has had last time on the training pitch which lets be honest is ***** when new in. I also doubt many have come in as a new manager at so highly in their respective league.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    I'm praying we haven't but am beginning to fear that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Sam Allardyce took 2 points from his first 6 games, and only 5 points in total from his first 16. He had to wait two-and-a-half months for his first win, away at York City. This is of course does not indicate that Ian Burchnall will end up being as successful as Sam Allardyce (he would have to go some!) but it does show that you can't judge a manager on their initial impact, or lack of it. This applies even more so in IB's case, because I doubt any other new manager in modern Notts County history has had less time on the training pitch with his players than the current one, given the exceptional circumstances of this season.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I'm praying we haven't but am beginning to fear that we have.
    Ha ha don't worry mate he'll come good just got to get rid of some carthorses. It would be classic Notts to go from Ardley downwards though so nothing would suprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    I listened to all of the interview but quiet honestly having listened to his ' dominated' comment after 10 seconds I wanted to switch off.. The guy is deluded. Aimless possession? yep , Aimless crosses? yep, Not working the keeper ? yep..
    I Understand the whole ' cannot criticise the team ' logic ,but as others have mentioned ,easy just to single out a couple of the young foreign lads as not doing enough in training when there are problems all over pitch ( we have been here before with NA).. Also his comment pre match about how well Wootton was playing baffled me( cant remember the exact terminology)
    Worrying times indeed, lets see what difference a week on the training ground makes
    I've just watched it and you've got to hope he's just protecting the players there.

If he really thinks going gradually backwards with sterile possession is domination then we have jumped out of the frying pan and very much into the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We do have another gear ......... unfortunately it's called 'reverse'.
    Oh we have plenty of reverse gear. It's called pass it back to the defenders and then to Slocombe at every chance. I get so frustrated when I see this and it's happening more and more with every game. They were even doing it in added time. As Mark Stallard said "no sense of urgency". It feels very Fullarton!

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast