+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I really wouldnt have bothered raging, he's a wind up merchant who cant give you any proof or confirmation of what hes saying ffs, and I thought you would have known better UTM
    A good rule of thumb is to completely ignore what Monty says and you won't go far wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Not too bothered about the sun, but the trappist beer sounds great 😀🍺 UTM
    Westmalle trappist dubbal. Couple a bottles of that stuff and you sink to any depths. Lovely sunny day in back garden with kids and games and then the Monk's special brew hitting all the right places. Up the millers for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Westmalle trappist dubbal. Couple a bottles of that stuff and you sink to any depths. Lovely sunny day in back garden with kids and games and then the Monk's special brew hitting all the right places. Up the millers for tomorrow!
    I love my beers raging so I will definitely look out for it thanks UTM

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    How statistically difficult it is for a club like RUFC - actually it's pretty difficult for bigger clubs - to get into the Championship. Let's just say that if we didn't achieve it again in the next twenty years that would be par for the course given the number of times we have been promoted to it recently. Historically it's almost unprecedented.
    Now, if you examine the maths on a site like FinkTank you will also see that given all the financial considerations of league payments, TV money, sponsorship etc it is much much easier for a club like RUFC to STAY in the Championship than get PROMOTED to it.
    This is why I don't like Tony Stewart's stewardship of our club. No chairman in RUFC history - actually perhaps in league history - has had more opportunities to finance a stay in the Championship and failed to invest every time. Not good enough for me.

Good post, Ken booth saved the club, steadied the boat, got is in the championship an kept us there while keeping us on a budget that was do able, yet was called tight etc an his head called for less.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Good post, Ken booth saved the club, steadied the boat, got is in the championship an kept us there while keeping us on a budget that was do able, yet was called tight etc an his head called for less.
    Which reminds me of a story about pies told to me by Chaz Robinson of Get7.

At that time he was the guy that ordered the pies and organised the tea bars. One of the problems with pies was having pies hot enough to satisfy the half time rush. It was particularly an issue on the Main Stand side. So with arrangement with Eric Twigg a few complimentary pie warmers were delivered ( The club wouldn’t buy them) but due to the antiquated fuse boards installed at the ground (old fuse wire type) the extra warmers were never used for fear of fusing all of the lights in the ground.

Such was the level of investment at Millmoor

The only investment Boothy made on the ground was 12tins of paint every 14 years

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    The only investment Boothy made on the ground was 12tins of paint every 14 years
    Heh gm_gm, the last lick of paint the old girl got was when I organised a collection to buy some paint and do the old girl proud and that’s going back some years.

I recall CTMilller turning up on a Sunday morning having jetted in from Singapore on his way to a business meeting in the States the following day.

Loads of people donated and we raised over £800 for the paint and materials. Martin Horner paid for two new flags to fly proudly over the Millmoor Lane stand.

Matthew Twigg brought about a hundred pies to keep us going, it was a great day and it was a fantastic community spirit that made it even better.
    Last edited by Brin; 17-04-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Heh gm_gm, the last lick of paint the old girl got was when I organised a collection to buy some paint and do the old girl proud and that’s going back some years.

I recall CTMilller turning up on a Sunday morning having jetted in from Singapore on his way to a business meeting in the States the following day.

Loads of people donated and we raised over £800 for the paint and materials. Martin Horner paid for two new flags to fly proudly over the Millmoor Lane stand.

Matthew Twigg brought about a hundred pies to keep us going, it was a great day and it was a fantastic community spirit that made it even better.
    I did enjoy that day, Brin. It was a great thing to organize just at a time when things were beginning to go downhill. Some old names from on here turned up and it was good to meet them. (Rich was there and the lad, Burns, who sadly died plus the husband and wife that both posted and Deano.)

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    A good rule of thumb is to completely ignore what Monty says and you won't go far wrong!
    I read nearly all things on here roly but dont really post that often, but basically Monty (as you call him) is saying that if our chairman invested (threw money at it?) in the club then we'd have a better chance of keeping in this division?, (no **** sherlock lol) and gives no proof whatsoever to support it because the same would go for every chairman with any club in any division lol, next up 'How very wet this water is'

Chairman gives manager budget. It's up to manager, Scotty & Del boy to make most of it. Wing a good loan signing. Blackman Flo Giles Hirst not. Should think Coventry or Luton won't have much more of a budget than us but have managers who know how to build a side better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast