+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just to analyse our final games

Just to analyse our final games

Brum Home:

Would seem a must win but won't be easy they have had a long rest and Bowyer is no mug, Draw?

Boro at home.

Officially nowt to play for now can't go up or down. Uncle Colin benevolence? Win?

Brentford Away

. Hoping they might be officially in the play offs now/ no chance of autos but they have. Lose

Barnsley Away

Bit similar to Brentford but more trying to keep in play offs. Derby factor might get us a point. Draw

Blackburn Home

: Nowt to play for by the time we play em. Win?

Luton away

. Nowt to play for now one way or other?. Win?

Cardiff Away

. Realistically will have nowt to play for last match of season Win?

So I make that possibly 14 points more which should keep us up.

However, I can't see us winning at Luton and Cardiff perhaps the game at Luton being the better bet and then maybe a draw at Cardiff so knock 2 points off. So finish with 12 more points ie 51 Assuming I am correct we will probably only lose a couple of games now GD should still be decent assuming we dont get thrashed in those 2 games. So final tally 51 and a good GD the equialent of 52 pts. We could doit even if we don't beat Brum. Hang on for the ride of your lives!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-04-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Perhaps picking up wins outside the week of death might be a more realistic option.
    Playing teams with nothing to play for and so you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Perhaps picking up wins outside the week of death might be a more realistic option.
    Playing teams with nothing to play for and so you might be right.
    Agreed. Seen Brum 3 times in recent weeks against promotion contenders and they are very solid. If they still feel in danger then I'd be happy with a draw. Shame about Huddersfield today (they were so poor against us, hoped that they'd fold but made most of a breach bound forest today) as today will motivate Brum all the more. I think that like you say, we've got to max out on teams that are on the beach and hope the rot at Derby is irreversible. Long shot I think but all still to play for

So very finely balanced. Pull out a win tomorrow and we are one win away with our games in hand from leapfrogging Derby, Coventry and Birmingham. Draw and we are 3 behind Derby and the others just in front. Lose and Birmingham probably won't be caught and we will be in the realm or desperately needing points as any other teams getting surprise wins going forward (such as Derby) would put us right over the barrel. Margin of error would narrow right up.

Plenty of beach teams to play, so do others. Really difficult to but we absolutely have to focus on ourselves. Win enough to get to 50 points and we will more than likely be safe.

It's a sobering thought that if we lose our 3 games in hand we'll still be in with an outside chance of survival but will have lost the most games of any team in the division.

We need the footy gods on our side for a change tomoz.Owt will do us for 3 points dont care if we are sh ite all game

Unbelievably this now becomes a must not lose game but a win would really turn up the heat on Derby.
    We have to bring our A game tomorrow or we will lose.

3pts for you at Oakwell , stop fretting you will stay up , as for our S6 neighbours bye bye

Get a result against Brum and that will put them still in the mix.Next Saturday Brum play Derby,that will be a crunch match.

The relegation scrap for survival in the Championship is always fascinating. It’s unbelievable how year after year the fixture list throws up matches between the teams fighting for survival at the end and there’s usually a big twist on the last day. I just can’t seeing us going down, I really can’t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast