+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Red List - Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me!

The Red List - Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me!

The UAE is far advanced with its vaccination programme like the UK but on the Government’s Red List for UK Entry and Quarantine. Puzzling this!

Even more puzzling when India is NOT on the Red List and its people are dropping like flies and there’s record infections! Furthermore there’s no restriction on UK entry for flights coming in from India or quarantine and there’s evidence of an Indian Variant.

Can somebody explain the difference between the two and the Governments logic?

Worrying!!!!

Nope all borders should of been closed 15 months ago

Putting India on the ‘red’ list would provoke protests from the Indian community in the UK, and we couldn’t have that, could we. Also, Boris off to India on a jolly at the end of the month. If we end up with another surge in cases from these Indian variants, maybe another lockdown even, then we can say ‘thank you very much Boris’. Many scientists are calling for India to go on the red list but it seems that Boris has another agenda?

Is it just me or is anyone else also starting to question this whole lockdown and how it’s not sustainable? Is there some other hidden purpose to this? I’m losing the will pretty much with all the news.. still coming out saying this, saying that and how we are on track then a new variant turns up. The way things are going we have another 193 ish variants to go and to hit the UK, that’s number of countries in the world. Then obviously we had the Kent one, they’ll be then the regional ones from within the UK. Gif help us if the dingle variant spreads. Then there will be a new variant from some random village in Tuscany that’ll hit us next. When does this all end? We all seem to be accepting this? There’ll be a 4th and 5th wave next.

Anyway despite my rambling, hope your health is well Baggieal.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else also starting to question this whole lockdown and how it’s not sustainable? Is there some other hidden purpose to this? I’m losing the will pretty much with all the news.. still coming out saying this, saying that and how we are on track then a new variant turns up. The way things are going we have another 193 ish variants to go and to hit the UK, that’s number of countries in the world. Then obviously we had the Kent one, they’ll be then the regional ones from within the UK. Gif help us if the dingle variant spreads. Then there will be a new variant from some random village in Tuscany that’ll hit us next. When does this all end? We all seem to be accepting this? There’ll be a 4th and 5th wave next.

Ha - I agree with you Regis! Thanks for asking about my health and my Consultant is calling me tomorrow with the results of both MRI scans. Fingers crossed my cancer is contained but I have Arthritis in my Lumbar Spine which is causing constant nerve irritation in my legs and seems to be getting worse. Gone through a really bad patch as prior to all this was reasonably fit and healthy and rarely visited a GP surgery.

What is the matter with this government? Never mind variants, Covid is rampant in India and it is pretty obvious why from the scenes transmitted from there. India should be top of the list of red countries, but no we mustn't upset the Indian community in this country must we. For God's sake Boris, grow a pair and do what is right for this country, the country that you're supposed to be leading and protecting.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post

No, it is certainly not just you. I've been suspicious and critical of this government control since March 23rd 2020.

The country and its people will be locked up again come the autumn. There as always been another lockdown when the bribery (furlough scheme) as been extended. So on that basis the next flu season beginning in October will see us all watching 24/7 netflix again.

They're piling the bodies up in the streets and burning them in India because it's so bad out there.

But we allow travel to continue between both countries.

I honestly couldn't give a f u c k about Covid anymore, if it doesn't kill me something else will within the next 2-3 decades at best.

Enough is enough, it's becoming an unsustainable nonsense now.

I've also exhausted Netflix!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    What is the matter with this government? Never mind variants, Covid is rampant in India and it is pretty obvious why from the scenes transmitted from there. India should be top of the list of red countries, but no we mustn't upset the Indian community in this country must we. For God's sake Boris, grow a pair and do what is right for this country, the country that you're supposed to be leading and protecting.

Totally agree Leicester and Boris indeed needs to grow a pair! Put them on the Red list and ban all incoming flights immediately!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)