+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoops nearly forgot - Blades Match Thread

Whoops nearly forgot - Blades Match Thread

Not looking good at the back are we?

At the moment we are being outplayed by a team in Pink shirts. Never good!

Nah sorry, had enough of this. The sun is shining so I'm taking my mad parrot a drive to the park to watch the kid's soccer tournament. Life's too short.

don't blame you woody...at the very best it is grim

Another poor, frustrating first half. We lack ideas in the final third and the ball invariably goes backwards. Ait Nouri is lucky to still be on the field, I think it was a red card challenge.

blades relegated,,feel really sorry that this wolves team put the the final nail in.

should be pleased we won , but i aint..better team lost

A win is a win. It wasn't pretty but I'll take that. I don't feel for Sheffield United, they are where they are because they just haven't been good enough.

I'm looking at this season as a whole. It hasn't been a 'normal season, especially for us.

We had a really short pre-season as it was. There have been no fans, no home advantage and more injuries, especially to key players than we've had since Nuno has been here. Fosun has a 10 year plan but we're well ahead of where they expected us to be. Given this seasons challenges it was always hard to achieve what we've done over the previous two.

I really believe Nuno wants to move our style to a back four basis, one which will see us see with more possession, more attacking minded and this pre-season will be critical in that.

We've crossed the line now in being safe, I don't expect us to suddenly change into an exciting force for the rest of this season, next season will be Nuno's benchmark.

Yesterday evening (Oz Time), with foolish ambition I attacked a bottle of scotch, thinking I'd have plenty of time to sober up before watching this game.....wrong. Having now watched a replay, I should have stayed with the scotch. Our first half performance lacked no ambition(foolish or otherwise). Seemingly, we have become a team possessed of a robotic desire to avoid scoring a first half goal wherever possible. The presence of such a morbid condition has gone beyond chronic and is now approaching critical. I struggled against my own burning desire to go back to bed and was rewarded after the break when our 'guardian angel' allowed Jose to provide the end product of a neat cross by Traore. Wolves 1-0 !!! (I was happy for the lad, but it was a long time coming). For the rest of the match, against a Wolves side that failed to impress, I watched a luckless United strive hard to get something for their effort, but it was not to be. Shame really, they probably deserved something.

I have always enjoyed Plates' comments and today was no exception. His thoughtful assessment regarding our current position in the P.L. provided me with some degree of confidence for the future, but I can't help wondering how different things might have been if Chelsea's, David Luiz, had been a little less savage when head-butting Jiminez. After all, it's only a game

"if Chelsea's, David Luiz, had been a little less savage when head-butting Jiminez."

As they say "IF" is a big word. Small point, without wishing to be pedantic, David Luiz, was an Chelsea player sometime ago but now plays for Arsenal and it was during the Arsenal - v- Wolves match that he head-butted Raul.

Not the greatest game, however, it was a clean sheet , a win and three points. I thought Semedo had a very good game as did Ait Nouri. I hope we sign him for next year.

Sheffield huffed and puffed but in all honesty their isn't a great deal of talent there. They are where they are for a reason. Remember we had four regular starters missing and still managed to conjure up a well taken and much needed goal.

Games against the bottom teams are never easy at this stage of the season, so every victory gained keeps the pressure on those above for prize money. Each position is worth £2 million at the end of the season, with now crowd income, the funds will be very welcome.

The close season could be very interesting with out goings and in comings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)