+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downed by The Spitfires

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    It certainly wasn't our finest hour.
    20/21 Mission Statement

We shall go on to the end of the season. We shall not fight in Dover, we shall not fight with growing confidence and strength in the air, we shall not defend set pieces whatever the cost maybe. We shall not fight in the final third, we shall not fight on our own ground, in Chesterfield or at Solihull Moors. We will always surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    20/21 Mission Statement

We shall go on to the end of the season. We shall not fight in Dover, we shall not fight with growing confidence and strength in the air, we shall not defend set pieces whatever the cost maybe. We shall not fight in the final third, we shall not fight on our own ground, in Chesterfield or at Solihull Moors. We will always surrender.
    Never in the field of professional football has so much been squandered by so few.

... Lord Haw Haw's finest hour and a half ...

Ben Turner has the turning circle of a Sopwith Camel.

It was the only stream (home and away) that I have not paid for yet, despite me saying I wasn't going to pay again after Aldershot (can't help myself.) That wasn't a choice, it's because I was working ,thank ****.

Anyhow, if I'm being totally honest, the so called 'highlights' aren't quite as bad as I thought. We did actually limit them to 2 real chances, one chance they scored, the other they didn't. In saying that, our two chances weren't clean cut either and were both from defenders....god help us.

It's a sad state of affairs when you see teams like Hartlepool winning 7-2 and you lose at home to Eastleigh isn't it?

Mad to think teams like Fleetwood and Burton can do so well and we're all the way down the ladder. Who has the solution?

Even Rochdale (Where I lived from 10yrs-18yrs) are still a league team, and a good one at that. 2-3k a game....mostly Man U supporters around there, but Dale still manage to progress in their own way....WHY?

One of my best friends is a Wrexham fan and he's dealt with this non league **** for 13 seasons, yet he still remains positive and supports the club through thick and thin. Again, you could argue, they're not as 'big' a club as Notts, but at the same time we have to look at the bigger picture.....Fleetwood, Rochdale, Burton, Harrogate etc....aren't as 'big a club' as Notts, but that still doesn't give us the divine right to 'be somewhere' in terms of the league does it?

Unfortunately, it's not our time and hasn't been for ages. As it hasn't been for Wrexham. Imagine being in this league for 13 years?? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    It was the only stream (home and away) that I have not paid for yet, despite me saying I wasn't going to pay again after Aldershot (can't help myself.) That wasn't a choice, it's because I was working ,thank ****.

Anyhow, if I'm being totally honest, the so called 'highlights' aren't quite as bad as I thought. We did actually limit them to 2 real chances, one chance they scored, the other they didn't. In saying that, our two chances weren't clean cut either and were both from defenders....god help us.

It's a sad state of affairs when you see teams like Hartlepool winning 7-2 and you lose at home to Eastleigh isn't it?

Mad to think teams like Fleetwood and Burton can do so well and we're all the way down the ladder. Who has the solution?

Even Rochdale (Where I lived from 10yrs-18yrs) are still a league team, and a good one at that. 2-3k a game....mostly Man U supporters around there, but Dale still manage to progress in their own way....WHY?

One of my best friends is a Wrexham fan and he's dealt with this non league **** for 13 seasons, yet he still remains positive and supports the club through thick and thin. Again, you could argue, they're not as 'big' a club as Notts, but at the same time we have to look at the bigger picture.....Fleetwood, Rochdale, Burton, Harrogate etc....aren't as 'big a club' as Notts, but that still doesn't give us the divine right to 'be somewhere' in terms of the league does it?

Unfortunately, it's not our time and hasn't been for ages. As it hasn't been for Wrexham. Imagine being in this league for 13 years?? Wow.
    Not only Fleetwood and Burton though is it? Morecambe, Accrington, Wycombe, Cheltenham, Crawley, Harrogate and Barrow to name a few who should not really be fit to lace our shoelaces.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Not only Fleetwood and Burton though is it? Morecambe, Accrington, Wycombe, Cheltenham, Crawley, Harrogate and Barrow to name a few who should not really be fit to lace our shoelaces.
    Hence the abbreviation 'etc' after the list of teams that I wrote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12