+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chaplin and woodrow

Chaplin and woodrow

Chaplin scored, was it 9 in 11 summat like that. No fluke imho.look at goals. Woodrow bang them in frm anywhere.look at goals. If we get in play offs, forget anyone else. Weve enough players to score worldies.

Av always thought both players have come in for some undue criticism this season, Woodrow especially which I find difficult to understand.

Chaplin has played an excellent role in the team, especially earlier in the season but has found goals hard to come by unfortunately. However, he came on against Boro last week and looked sharp. He may get a start today.

Woodrow has been very good this season getting involved in and setting up goals. He struggled against Reading after an early booking which knocked his confidence a wee bit but he is the first striker on the team sheet for me.

According to the stats Woodrow has been involved in 31% of the goals we've scored this season, that's some effort. He's scored 11 in 37 matches and had 6 assists.

I think all our forwards have played a significant part this season. Tha can't knock any of them imo. They all bring something to the table.

As a collective the lads up top have done a magnificent job and as you say they've all contributed .

However it's Dike and Morris who have transformed us in to top 6 territory in my opinion .

14 goals between them since they arrived in January .

Best bit of business this club's done for many a long year , possibly since Wilko and Hendrie in 1996 .

That ended well too .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    As a collective the lads up top have done a magnificent job and as you say they've all contributed .

However it's Dike and Morris who have transformed us in to top 6 territory in my opinion .

14 goals between them since they arrived in January .

Best bit of business this club's done for many a long year , possibly since Wilko and Hendrie in 1996 .

That ended well too .
    Definitely. With respect to Woodrow, Chaplin, Victor and Freiser who have given it absolutely everything, we were just missing that extra dimension in attack that the January signings have given us and it's certainly made the difference as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Av always thought both players have come in for some undue criticism this season, Woodrow especially which I find difficult to understand.

Chaplin has played an excellent role in the team, especially earlier in the season but has found goals hard to come by unfortunately. However, he came on against Boro last week and looked sharp. He may get a start today.

Woodrow has been very good this season getting involved in and setting up goals. He struggled against Reading after an early booking which knocked his confidence a wee bit but he is the first striker on the team sheet for me.

According to the stats Woodrow has been involved in 31% of the goals we've scored this season, that's some effort. He's scored 11 in 37 matches and had 6 assists.

I think all our forwards have played a significant part this season. Tha can't knock any of them imo. They all bring something to the table.
    Reason a mentioned it was am sick of here in
    bornmuf are gonna wi playoffs if all are players click it'll be us.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Reason a mentioned it was am sick of here in
    bornmuf are gonna wi playoffs if all are players click it'll be us.
    We've top weight on getting past Bournemouth in a two legged semi final in my opinion .

Some real quality players who have enough ability to play through our press and hurt us , they could take the tie away from us in five minutes .

I sincerely hope they don't finish 3rd or we finish fifth and they finish fourth .

Happy enough to play em at Wembley in a one game shoot out for the PL mind , different game altogether the championship Play Off Final .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We've top weight on getting past Bournemouth in a two legged semi final in my opinion .

Some real quality players who have enough ability to play through our press and hurt us , they could take the tie away from us in five minutes .

I sincerely hope they don't finish 3rd or we finish fifth and they finish fourth .

Happy enough to play em at Wembley in a one game shoot out for the PL mind , different game altogether the championship Play Off Final .
    Birmingham 0 barnsley 4
    Am surprised at you. Am gonna start calling you 3 cos its shorter if thats ok.
    3 we could pump some balls up score 5 on drop of a hat.

Birmingham 0 barnsley 4
    Am surprised at you. Am gonna start calling you 3 cos its shorter if thats ok.
    3 we could pump some balls up score 5 on drop of a hat.
    Swansea in final
    Chelsea
    West ham 2 barnsley 5
    Liverpool away a couple of times

Birmingham 0 barnsley 4
    Am surprised at you. Am gonna start calling you 3 cos its shorter if thats ok. 3 we could pump some balls up score 5 on drop of a hat.
    And for those of us who speak proper Inglish Mr Rascal, what are you on about ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And for those of us who speak proper Inglish Mr Rascal, what are you on about ?.
    Rather than call animalittle3 long word for me i only type wi 1 finger so am gonna call him 3
    Birmingham wen we played away first leg nobody expected 4.0 think it wa a master stroke frm bassett changing system

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast