+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Birmingham City

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Birmingham City

After living through the last week it makes you wonder if there could be anymore twists and turns! Thursday night I thought that the bottom of my football world had dropped out.
    Then Friday night Derby went and threw us another lifeline! Blackburn were looking at probably ther worst run of results without a win in their entire history and ended it.
    Saturday comes with a pratically full fixture list with the bottom two teams both winning with 10 to play 10 man Bristol City then got one back just after Swansea had pulled it level. We're hoping that Forest would do us a favour as well against Huddersfield but the folks of Nottingham have a history of not playing to the script!

So' we're back to having 2 to 3 games in hand and a posibility of being 18th int league again! It's bizarre I tell you! No one knows how this will turn out! The league is a lottery and we have a ticket as have all the other teams. We could ask Barnsley for a favour today and beat Coventry. That would put us back to where we were just befor kick-off Thurday evening if we win today.

Derby will be shîtting themselves asking for another enquiry as to how we got infected with covid, flooded the pitch and froze it at the same time whilst secretly getting all of our players back.

The players are back it's true but they're not back yet! The fitness is as for being free from injuries is there but it's not the same as them being match fit. But being match fit is one thing but being match fit to play this many games is taking its toll one all of the players!
    At least we've had an extra day this time and we have a few players that didn't get on the pitch Thursday. Fingers crossed that we have enough today to carry through to Wednesday as well. My liver won't stand much more of this never mind my nerves!

Enjoy your day, the game and everything today brings guys and gals!

We're still in this!

LAST TIME OUT:

Jeremie Bela's late penalty meant September's clash between the two sides ended in a 1-1 draw.

Rotherham had taken the lead with a spot-kick of their own, which was dispatched by Kieran Sadlier in the 87th minute.

But five minutes later, Blues were level through the Frenchman's own effort from 12 yards in a game that also saw Lukas Jutkiewicz hit the crossbar.

PREVIOUS KNOCKINGS:

Blues' higher standing over Rotherham in the English leagues after their earlier formation meant the two sides didn't meet until the 1950s when, in 1951, Blues beat the Millers 4-0 in the Second Division at St. Andrew's.

There's been 34 meetings in total, Blues winning 18, Rotherham 10, with six draws.

Blues have a good recent record against today's home side, they've won three and drawn three of the last six fixtures between them.

https://bcfc.com/news/articles/2021/...herham-united/

Today's game against Birmingham City, Paul Warne has to get the team, into
    the mode of a old western classic.

<><><><> High Noon <><><><>

The setting - High Noon down at the New York Stadium, the Millers against
    the Brum Gang, led by centre forward, Lukas Jutkiewicz & his side kick Hogan.
    Captain Wood & Co to snuff em out.
    Time for Smith & Ladapo to earn their spurs, & earn the Millers victory.

" Do not forsake us Rotherham, on this a important day, "
    " Get them goals, & in the championship we stay "
    " Do not forsake us Rotherham, time to stand up, & play "
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 18-04-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Anyone wanting to watch the #rufc match who doesn't have Sky TV, don't forget you can get a NowTV 24hr pass for £9.99. Unless you can find it on a dodgy link loaded with viruses

Johansson;
    Harding,
    Ihiekwe,
    Wood (C),
    A.MacDonald,
    Robertson;
    S.MacDonald,
    Wing,
    Crooks;
    Ladapo,
    Smith.

SUBS | Blackman, Olosunde, Giles, Wiles, Lindsay, Barlaser, Sadlier, Ogbene, Hirst.

I may be speaking out of turn here but I think that this is Icky's biggest game mentally for us.

Name:  D11D2D14-D1BC-4F71-BA73-7FE110CF62FE.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  28.2 KB Name:  CC0CF0A9-C712-45F7-A9CB-ADE74C88B64B.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  17.2 KB

Let me get this right we are starting 5 players that preferred position in centre backs, who are we playing against Bayern Munich?

Still same playing wing backs when ones we are playing not their natural position. Looking like Robertson he's playing left wing back. S McDonald playing in midfield not Barlaser I don't get it. Crooks he's got justify his selection.

Seems a strange set up that must be some fitness worries or trying to keep in the game early and bringing the more attacking players on later

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast