+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: European Super League Breakaway Clubs.

My one hope is that the Premier League have the 'balls' to kick them out. It shouldn't alter the pyramid system one iota. The three clubs who would have been relegated will remain and the three clubs promoted from the Championship as per normal. The rest just take of themselves. It could actually improve the Premiership as it would be more competitive. You could then return to the old European Cup and the Cup Winners Cup. Simples!

Wasn’t the Premier League set up at the behest of these ‘big clubs’? If they set up this Super League then surely there is no point in the Premier League anymore, which should be dissolved and the EFL go back to four divisions. That should also solve the potential problem of the so-called big six suing the Premier League for kicking them out, the Premier League wouldn’t be there to sue. Oh how I would love that to happen.

Good observation Kettering. Hadn't thought of doing it that way. All the EFL has to do is invite the rest of the Premiership to join them and there's nothing that those money clubs can do about it.

I think all the fans should show their displeasure by not attending any games this weekend..... Wait.

How about the Premier League banning them from next years competition, whether they have a Super League or not. No relegation from the Prem, and three up from the Championship this year. Sorted!! Seriously, though, what a crock

All six should be thrown out, then, when in a couple of years time when it all goes tits up they should be allowed back in just like Rangers and start in the bottom tier (LG 2)
    Unfortunately for the special 6 only 3 teams can be promoted at a time, take ‘em years to get back

If they want a super league let them have it but put a rule in place that any player playing in it can’t play in the Premier League.

It’s in the rules of the game that a player can’t be registered to play in two divisions at the same time anyway.

Let’s see how many players only want to be limited to Super League matches!

Can you imagine Arsenal away at Galatasaray on a wet Wednesday night in January when both clubs are at the bottom of their division........what a crowd puller ( even on TV ) that’ll be 🤣🤣🤣

As I've said previously, I can honestly see this being the death knell for these six clubs - with a bit of luck!

To be honest, it benefits neither side if they are kicked out of the prem.

TV Revenues will go down. CLubs like ours will suffer without them. I think they will suffer without the PL too.

And don't most on here like us playing the top 6 sides?

Some of the most satisfying days we've had in the Prem have been against these sides, look at the Chelsea game a couple of weeks ago.

This is an idea based on greed which is no good for anyone, from what I have read and understood.

Apparently there is a meeting tomorrow of the remaining 14 clubs from the Premier League. Some are already demanding that these six clubs are expelled immediately. Can anyone inform me of how many votes are required to pass a motion and would it be altered as there will be 14 clubs voting and not 20?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)