+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: European Super League Breakaway Clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Where does this leave Levy? The rest of the owners can skulk back to their own bolt holes but he can't. I think difficult times lie ahead for Mr. Levy. As for Man. Utd., do they really think that we believe that Woodward's resignation had nothing to do with the current situation. They're continuing to take us for mugs.
    As my Tottenham supporting brother keeps telling me Levy, yes powerful, but he is only the mouthpiece!

ENIC own 85.5% of Spurs and Levy owns 29.4% of ENIC. However the main man behind ENIC and majority shareholder is Joe Lewis an 84 year old businessman who spends most of his time in the Bahamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    As my Tottenham supporting brother keeps telling me Levy, yes powerful, but he is only the mouthpiece!

ENIC own 85.5% of Spurs and Levy owns 29.4% of ENIC. However the main man behind ENIC and majority shareholder is Joe Lewis an 84 year old businessman who spends most of his time in the Bahamas.
    Here in lies the problem Yarm, football and sadly the world we live in is owned by large corporations run by people so far removed from the life and loves of the average person that they see power and wealth as the be all and end all. I have worked in the city for most of my life and things are worse now than they ever were, the needs of the few outweighs the needs of the many, a few percentage movement in a share price can lead to wholesale job reductions or overseas outsourcing, we have lost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the last decade in this way and it can’t be right! JP Morgan are the real power brokers behind the ESL, another faceless corporation run by people in Ivory towers that are so far removed from the reality and impact of their actions that they don’t notice the damage they do. I have been at meetings where CEO’s have openly stated that governments today are weak and they the corporate boards make the big decisions, this can’t be right. I hope the ESL debacle and the stand made by fans and players alike will be the catalyst to wake people up. I hope this isn’t brushed under the carpet, the review of football in this country should in my hope result in legislation that ensures a high percentage of every club should be owned by the fans and they should have a seat on the board..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Here in lies the problem Yarm, football and sadly the world we live in is owned by large corporations run by people so far removed from the life and loves of the average person that they see power and wealth as the be all and end all. I have worked in the city for most of my life and things are worse now than they ever were, the needs of the few outweighs the needs of the many, a few percentage movement in a share price can lead to wholesale job reductions or overseas outsourcing, we have lost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the last decade in this way and it can’t be right! JP Morgan are the real power brokers behind the ESL, another faceless corporation run by people in Ivory towers that are so far removed from the reality and impact of their actions that they don’t notice the damage they do. I have been at meetings where CEO’s have openly stated that governments today are weak and they the corporate boards make the big decisions, this can’t be right. I hope the ESL debacle and the stand made by fans and players alike will be the catalyst to wake people up. I hope this isn’t brushed under the carpet, the review of football in this country should in my hope result in legislation that ensures a high percentage of every club should be owned by the fans and they should have a seat on the board..
    Totally agree Dave.

My point was that Tottenham are just the same as the other 5, in that they are owned by a large corporation and the main decision maker is an overseas resident. Harry Redknapp the other day said that Joe Lewis doesn’t go to watch Tottenham and is only half interested in watching games. It is purely one of his investments which is looking to make as much money as he can from.

By the way he is a multi billionaire as well!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Corporate drone strikes. Remote, soulless and usually (but not always) unaccountable.

I can’t believe that it’s all over, these billionaires don’t give up; they’ll come up with another spiffing wheeze somewhere down the line. Anyway, the proposed new Champions League format, courtesy of UEFA doesn’t exactly do ‘ordinary’ football clubs any favours; they are expanding it to 36 clubs, so I expect that the wretched Big6 will be pushing for the Premier League to be cut to 18 teams. Suppoof the other clubs can then look forward to fewer matches for their season tickets, which won’t be cheaper.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)