+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: European Super League announced

Let them get on with it.

Easy really. Stop them playing in the prem league and related comp and go play in the super League. 6 big teams leave the silly spending gets reduced and all the teams chasing the promised land spend less. Win win for the remaining 86 teams

And some people still say that football belongs to the fans. That may have been true once but not any more. Allowing foreign ownership of English clubs was the thin end of the wedge and making money is now the only thing that matters to most of them.
    I can't believe the genuine supporters of any of the clubs involved will be happy with this proposal as the likelihood of many of them being able to afford travelling to matches over the course of a season will be minimal.

Football became about greed decades ago, bit late to start complaining now.

People who watch these teams on TV aren't really football fans anyway, they're consumers of sports entertainment, most have never seen "their" teams live.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I find it shocking that the worst team in the Championship, with a fitness coach pretending to be manager, a chairman who thinks a packet of peanuts is extravagant and a bunch of muppets for supporters will not grace it next season. Sad indeed.
    Serious question.....why do you come on here ?

https://youtu.be/ZPad3axlOLM

Gary Neville tells them straight.

Part of me says let them go. Boycott the whole thing and fans of the clubs can support lower league local teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    https://youtu.be/ZPad3axlOLM

Gary Neville tells them straight.

Part of me says let them go. Boycott the whole thing and fans of the clubs can support lower league local teams.
    Well said Red Nev. Dock em points! Send em to the bottom of the prem tomorrow. Would love that. Sadly, for my local premiership team allegedly involved with this, Jose is beating them to it

I heard we were one of the as yet unnamed teams who wanted sign up for this league citing major differences regarding fixture congestion and lack of empathy for our plight but the idea was turned down as proposals from Crewe and Grimsby were being given more support. 🤣🤣

Let them go. Then the remaining 14 teams will struggle financially when Sky tv goes with the 6......

We might even get invited to remain in the Championship when 6 goes up......................

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast