+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: European Super League announced

European Super League announced

Greed is killing our beautiful game.
    As if there isn't enough money already at the top

https://news.sky.com/story/european-...tands-12279432

Could it mean no relegation from the Championship if the greedy bar stewards do go

"Premier League rules contain a commitment amongst clubs to remain within the football pyramid and forbid any clubs from entering competitions beyond those listed in rule L9, without Premier League board permission.

"I cannot envisage any scenario where such permission would be granted."

Money has a funny way of talking so don't hold your breath on this one. What about all the great memories of fans belonging to these clubs, that may well not be able to see them play away again, because of the costs involved?

UEFA furious
    FIFA said it would not recognise the competition

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56794673

Well that could signal the end for us as with Sheffield Wednesday joining the Super League there will be one extra relegation place from the Championship to be filled

There's talk that players from those clubs would not be able to represent their countries . I don't think that would particularly bother most of the players .

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well that could signal the end for us as with Sheffield Wednesday joining the Super League there will be one extra relegation place from the Championship to be filled
    I find it shocking that the worst team in the Championship, with a fitness coach pretending to be manager, a chairman who thinks a packet of peanuts is extravagant and a bunch of muppets for supporters will not grace it next season. Sad indeed.

As far as I'm concerned the cheating ,diving, screaming like little girls, can **** off

Let the money grabbing lot get on with it. Football is better in league 1

It's certainly more honest Nardendee

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast